What's new

what if DM croaks?

That's Bowie "Space Oddity." You mean the similar "Rocket Maaaaaan, burnin' out his fuse up there alone"
Oops" my brain went berserk momentarily. Here's the maestro:[video=youtube;bAsnv8f_lbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAsnv8f_lbM[/video]

I was going to use this song first - then I remembered the "here I am in my tin can" lyric. (It was german originally)
Mimsey

[video=youtube;IHEcmxmXbg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHEcmxmXbg4[/video]

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Who's your candidate? Marty? Mike? Alex Sabriski? ( spelling?) Mark Ingbar? Kerry Gleason? Wendell Reynolds?

I vote.. Mimsey. :)

latest

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
On topic, pease have a look at this delicious posting by John P.:

John P. said:
My take: it doesn't matter what happens when Miscavige leaves or why he goes because the reserves will be frozen. It now appears that he's digging into reserves for capital expenditures, to shore up the facade that the Ideal Org, Ideal Mission, Ideal Continent, Ideal whatever program is rolling smoothly along. While I don't think they're losing money from operations yet, the fact that they have to touch the reserves is significant.

I suspect that Miscavige is so paranoid about anyone else getting access to the money that the passwords to the offshore accounts are in his possession, and his alone. If he's removed due to any reason, those funds essentially become frozen and unavailable to the cult for either operations or for future real estate development. If, at that time, they're running operating losses, they're out of business. They will have to close the doors because they won't be able to pay the bills.

[...]

http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/19/go...ology-and-david-miscavige/#comment-1915787126

:biggrin:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Who's your candidate? Marty? Mike? Alex Sabriski? ( spelling?) Mark Ingbar? Kerry Gleason? Wendell Reynolds?

Mimsey

Why does there have to be any replacement at all? Put all of Hubbard's stuff online for any that want it and transfer all copyrights and trademarks into the public domain (or equivalent). Close down all the orgs and other organizations and liquidate all assets. Pay off the staff. Try to do the impossible task of using the remaining monies to make whole the people that have been defrauded over the decades without 90% of the funds going to lawyers, but good luck with that.

Let the Indies/FZers do their thing for any that want to get auditing etc under free market conditions.

Paul

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
There are plenty of corporations that hang on for decades past their high income days. Look at Yahoo and AOL. The trick is to keep your "burn rate" of spending low (Scientology does this with incredibly low wages and minimum health care for staff and no retirement) and in the real world, acquiring assets that DO produce income. Some of these dinosaurs do a total reinvention like IBM and Apple pulled off, going from hardware to services.

Thing is, it takes some real savvy management and I don't see that coming from the current crop at Sci-Co. Hubbard, on the other hand, pulled it off quite nicely when he went from Dianetics to the religion racket of Scientology. He saw the sinking ship and started telling a new, more lucrative story.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

QUESTION
: What if DM croaks?

ANSWER:
1. Spontaneous 4th Dynamic singing breaks out--"Ding Dong the COB is Dead...."
2. COB's John Lobb shoes are secured and brought to the guy behind curtain.
3. Guy behind curtain gives next auditing command, shoes are clicked together three
times, while repeating "There's no place like Home box office" (cause of COB's death).
4. Awaken refreshed in Kansas.​

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
If I took over after DM's demise I'd fire everyone's asses and shut the whole operation down. Take all the books, tapes, e-meters, ad nauseum and have a big celebratory bonfire. It'd be like running the process R2-45 on the cult.

As-is the Mo-Fo!

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
If I took over after DM's demise I'd fire everyone's asses and shut the whole operation down. Take all the books, tapes, e-meters, ad nauseum and have a big celebratory bonfire. It'd be like running the process R2-45 on the cult.

As-is the Mo-Fo!

lol. That reminds me of when the kids were in high school and we had weekly game night. After one too many weeks of playing Risk I finally had enough. I strategically positioned my defenses to be virtually unassailable and then declared peace.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
My vote would be for Commander Norman "Captain Morgan" Starkey (center).

He has the ethics presence, the South African accent, and probably more importantly,
he can drink everyone else under the table.

Last man standing, that is.
:biggrin:

Sorta obvious, isn't it?

Do it for the lulz, I say, matey.

180px-Warsash_Deck_2011.jpg

Norman Starkey (LRH's executor) and a bunch of fresh-faced
SO recruits, his new security entourage, rehearsing for their
new lead roles in the COS. Norman needs a little more time
to "dry out" though. :coolwink:

Captain-Morgan-Spiced-Rum_4E837000.jpg

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

QUESTION
: What if DM croaks?

ANSWER:
1. Spontaneous 4th Dynamic singing breaks out--"Ding Dong the COB is Dead...."
2. COB's John Lobb shoes are secured and brought to the guy behind curtain.
3. Guy behind curtain gives next auditing command, shoes are clicked together three
times, while repeating "There's no place like Home box office" (cause of COB's death).
4. Awaken refreshed in Kansas.​

DM croaking? A technical point here, can the undead die?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCaFA-ipb8

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Seconded. But, I'd keep his abundant supply of expensive Scotch.

4vtj8.jpg

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ha, well I guess some ex-SO have ideas about who should take over if DM's croaks. This might be worthy of it's own thread (taken from a private list serve, but reprinted with permission.)

There were several executives that everyone liked a lot. Greg Wilhere was one, not only was he better trained in Scn than David, Gregs wife was a super-star. Greg had a real mans appearance unlike David who had no stature. Greg also commanded respect and people did what he asked mostly from respect whereas with David it was just fear - Greg didn't shout much because he didn't need to.

Greg was viewed as man unlike David who was still a child running the show.

Norman Starkey was also up for the job as he was not only a genuine leader, but also was an actual seaman who outranked David until David removed his ranking - everyone knew David did this because he couldn't handle Norman being actually better trained then him.

David has a habit of cutting people down - especially men that were a lot taller than him (which is just about every man) but particularly the taller men.

Actually the reason why David liked having a lot of women about wasn't because he particularly wanted to screw them but because they did not physically intimidate him like men did - David often rose up the ranks in leaps and bounds just to be able to order men about about, he found comfort in the presence of women who were his size, and they complimented him a lot whereas the men questioned his insane judgement.

When David was younger he had a real problem with the other children overpowering him and he was isolated, even his own brother intimidated him, I remember at the Flag Land Base David got upset because his brother could show great feats of skill on the gym equipment (like hanging from his toes) and would laugh and get a long with the other men, David could never do any of this and lacked the ability to get a long with anyone.

This was another reason why David liked to use boys and girls as runners, I think in some way he tried to look after short people like himself and make them feel important - but the irony is when they would grow up and become stronger, better trained and independent, he would then crush them.

Greg Wilhere never did this because he had nothing to prove, and I think we should be thankful Scientology is not under his control because it would be doing much better then what DM is doing.

All the execs at RTC and CMOI know this - often execs at Int would have such thoughts come out in their Sec Checks and be punished for wanting a real leader, a man they could look up to rather than down.

Wonder if Miscavige knows how his underlings really feel? lol