What's new

alt.religion.scientology

PTS

Elliott
Boy that takes me back. Usenet, Gopher, Telnet to my mail host, my old U of T shell account. That was the Internet :yes:

kate8024

-deleted-
Boy that takes me back. Usenet, Gopher, Telnet to my mail host, my old U of T shell account. That was the Internet :yes:

The bad news:
There used to be a Gopher extension for Chrome but it doesn't work with recent versions :-(

The good news:
Of course, Lynx still has Gopher support though, there are even still a handful of gopher servers online :)

PTS

Elliott
Very few critics read it anymore & has become a haven for OSA trolls like Tim Higgs aka Steve Layton.

I haven't read it in many years, even when I did I tired quickly of the seemingly incessant flame wars. Nevertheless when I was just starting to wake up some of the regulars there were very helpful in helping me burn through the cult's conditioning. It allowed me to examine the state of my life. I was able to recapture some of my adolescent dreams of career, love, and family and realize that they were all going down the tubes. For that I will always have respect for the group. I'm sorry to learn that it's mostly OSA trolling it now. Perhaps Usenet's time has passed.

Terril park

Sponsor
I haven't read it in many years, even when I did I tired quickly of the seemingly incessant flame wars. Nevertheless when I was just starting to wake up some of the regulars there were very helpful in helping me burn through the cult's conditioning. It allowed me to examine the state of my life. I was able to recapture some of my adolescent dreams of career, love, and family and realize that they were all going down the tubes. For that I will always have respect for the group. I'm sorry to learn that it's mostly OSA trolling it now. Perhaps Usenet's time has passed.

Most activity seems to be on facebook now............:(