What's new

That's my story and I'm sticking with it

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great story. Another family out. One more income stream to the cult stopped.

All good news.

BTW, RE: tipping point. Working at Flag on the EPF, I witnessed an OT VII put a nail through his hand while building a stage. A real WTF moment.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Yes, and thanks for reading the story. Thanks, too, for your caring remarks. REally appreciated.

It's an open-ended offer.

:D

ps: what was it like to have Michael Roberts in your home trying to reg you, lol?

As you may or may not know, Roberts was part of the posse who recently tried to catch and recover John Brousseau away from the reach of Marty Rathbun in TX.
Scientology Posse fails to recover escaped executive

FoTi

Crusader
Babycakes.....Thanks so much for finishing up your story. I really enjoyed reading what you wrote.

How is it that you got onto and did the Clearing Course without ever doing any Dianetics? I never heard of anything like that happening.

Want some pancakes? Come on down. :happydance:

The offer of pancakes still stands...any takers?

Yum....Which direction to the pancakes? How far away from me are these pancakes? How do I get there? I read that you made it over the border from Florida into Georgia and then had champagne. Did you stay in Georgia or did you move on to another state?

Babycakes

Patron
Great story. Another family out. One more income stream to the cult stopped.

All good news.

BTW, RE: tipping point. Working at Flag on the EPF, I witnessed an OT VII put a nail through his hand while building a stage. A real WTF moment.

Yay for getting OUT!

Yes, an OT VII nailing his hand to the stage would definitely qualify as a WTF moment. Yikes! If I look through the My Stories section, will I find yours?

There were some good moments in my two stints inside, but not many and certainly not enough to keep me there. I never actually thought I helped anyone with scientology or dianetics. The times I used stuff from the VM handbooks, it didn't seem to make much impression. Huh.

Cathy

Babycakes

Patron
:D

ps: what was it like to have Michael Roberts in your home trying to reg you, lol?

As you may or may not know, Roberts was part of the posse who recently tried to catch and recover John Brousseau away from the reach of Marty Rathbun in TX.
Scientology Posse fails to recover escaped executive

Roberts was not known to me to be a "celebrity." He was just another reg. And I had seen him with Becker so many times, I was used to it.

Yes, I saw the attempt to capture Brousseau story. WTF? What is up with those people, thinking they can just show up and grab a guy and drag him back where he doesn't want to be??!

Cathy

Babycakes

Patron
Babycakes.....Thanks so much for finishing up your story. I really enjoyed reading what you wrote.

How is it that you got onto and did the Clearing Course without ever doing any Dianetics? I never heard of anything like that happening.

Thank you so much.

I don't have the foggiest notion. You would think the folks at St. Hill would have fixed it, if it needed fixing. I don't recall anyone saying anything about it. Does it matter that it was 1967?

Yum....Which direction to the pancakes? How far away from me are these pancakes? How do I get there? I read that you made it over the border from Florida into Georgia and then had champagne. Did you stay in Georgia or did you move on to another state?

We settled in Portland, to be near Kim's brother Jeff. We now share a house overlooking the city. It's wonderful to be close to his two sons, too.

So, now you know how far away the pancakes are. They'll be here when you get here.

Cathy

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Roberts was not known to me to be a "celebrity." He was just another reg. And I had seen him with Becker so many times, I was used to it.

Yes, I saw the attempt to capture Brousseau story. WTF? What is up with those people, thinking they can just show up and grab a guy and drag him back where he doesn't want to be??!

Cathy

After reading Robert V Levine's expert testimony about the effects of being in the SO, nothing surprises me. http://paulsrabbit.com/levine.pdf

We're off for fishing in Alaska -- see you all in a week.

Here's where we'll be:

http://kasilofjournal.blogspot.com/

Take good care of your sweet selves
Have a great trip. It sure looks like a fun and relaxing place to vacation!

FoTi

Crusader
Thank you so much.

I don't have the foggiest notion. You would think the folks at St. Hill would have fixed it, if it needed fixing. I don't recall anyone saying anything about it. Does it matter that it was 1967?

We settled in Portland, to be near Kim's brother Jeff. We now share a house overlooking the city. It's wonderful to be close to his two sons, too.

So, now you know how far away the pancakes are. They'll be here when you get here.

Cathy

Thanks for your answers. I just never heard of anyone going straight onto the Clearing Course in Scientology. Did you ever get any other auditing before the Clearing Course? I don't know if it matters that it was 1967 or not. I wasn't in Scientology then. Does it matter? :confused2:

So, the pancakes are in Portland? 2500 miles is a little too far to drive for pancakes, but thanks for the invite. If I ever get out that way, I might take you up on it. :eyeroll:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Cathy
One of the best ways to describe Scientology to someone not "in", is as an abusive relationship. Why would an abused wife(or husband) go back to the abuser? But it happens time and again.

I've had SO people show up at my door several times over the last couple of years (they must be getting really desperate). I never let them in, because i know that once they're through the door they will never leave until they get their product (or you call the cops on them and thus get declared).

One time a pair of guys showed, and one of them acted like he was wanted to come in anyway. I gave him a look of "try it and you will get hurt", and he backed off, and they finally went away. (I'm not "officially" out due to wanting to avoid family complications)

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the event anyone has not seen this...

One of the best ways to describe Scientology to someone not "in", is as an abusive relationship. Why would an abused wife(or husband) go back to the abuser? But it happens time and again.

I've had SO people show up at my door several times over the last couple of years (they must be getting really desperate). I never let them in, because i know that once they're through the door they will never leave until they get their product (or you call the cops on them and thus get declared).

One time a pair of guys showed, and one of them acted like he was wanted to come in anyway. I gave him a look of "try it and you will get hurt", and he backed off, and they finally went away. (I'm not "officially" out due to wanting to avoid family complications)

http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/...000223_Toward_a_new_model_of_cult_control.txt

EP

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

This is exactly how I described it in my Inquiry Submission. "Battered house-wife syndrome is what keeps Scientologists in Scientology!"

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
This is exactly how I described it in my Inquiry Submission. "Battered house-wife syndrome is what keeps Scientologists in Scientology!"

I'd first heard of the analogy in the Robert Vaughn Young document (linked to a few posts up), and thought it was a great way to describe the phenomenon. Leaving is just too big a step for many people, so they deal with the suppression of the day.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I'd first heard of the analogy in the Robert Vaughn Young document (linked to a few posts up), and thought it was a great way to describe the phenomenon. Leaving is just too big a step for many people, so they deal with the suppression of the day.

I got:
"Battered house-wife syndrome is what keeps Scientologists in Scientology!"
straight from the Scn PR release where they likened outspoken exes to "disgruntled spouses".

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Julia's correct move...

Hm, just catching up on this thread I miss, a fascinating bunch of posting from Babycakes (oh where art thou?), so sortta bumping this old thread.
I decided to Google Julia, wasn't sure if it was her or not (who knows? :shrug:)
found the Wiki on her~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Migenes

Looks to be the same person, good on her for escaping the clutches of Hubbard's mind-meld. Back to mah reading :)

For the record, here is Julia - an she is truly luminous and lovely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDE3djFBIRk

EP