What's new

An email from Debbie Cook to active Scientologists

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Heber sounds like such an extremist nut in this piece. Cringe city. He reminds me of Lyndon Larouche and yet not as refined. :ohmy:

And how about Heber's glasses? Over sized and always askew to one side and his constantly adjusting them. What a dork! lol

Gadfly

Crusader
I think this fellow summed it up nicely when giving a comment on this thread about Tony Ortega's latest article:

It's always hilarious to me when Scientology "executives" or former staff cry out about the "alteration of tech" or "bad transcriptions" or other such garbage about early books or policy letters. Anyone who's ever published a book knows you get the final look at it before publication, and Hubbard published a lot of books.

He was so persnickety about detail, he instituted "white glove" cleaning inspections on the Apollo flaghsip, and that was carried out in every Scientology organization staffed by Sea Org members. The "tech" got corrupted? Balderdash! THERE IS NO TECH. It's all made up by Hubbard or stolen from other places. Dianetics is nothing more than abreaction that was developed by Freud and Breuer and abandoned.

Debbie Cook is doing what ALL former high-ranking Scientologists do upon leaving. When they reach out to other Scientologists, they make sure to state their "ranking" such as what OT levels they finished, certificates they gained, ranks they held in the Sea Org. That's a way of convincing themselves that - as in Cook's case - they WASTED deccades of their life on b.s. and they're trying to make it OK in their mind.

Follow LRH? You mean, the "super intellect" who died in a trailer in Creston, CA screaming at unseen disembodied space alien "body thetans" he thought were attacking him? Debbie Cook - this is your life.
3 people liked this.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
It is highly likely that this thread already has a higher number of views than there are active number of scientologists.

Looks like, we SPs vastly outnumber those ( currently ) in the fold of the "church".

All scientologists are going to be X scn'gist...they just haven't seen it yet -LOL !

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think this fellow summed it up nicely when giving a comment on this thread about Tony Ortega's latest article:

It's always hilarious to me when Scientology "executives" or former staff cry out about the "alteration of tech" or "bad transcriptions" or other such garbage about early books or policy letters. Anyone who's ever published a book knows you get the final look at it before publication, and Hubbard published a lot of books.

He was so persnickety about detail, he instituted "white glove" cleaning inspections on the Apollo flaghsip, and that was carried out in every Scientology organization staffed by Sea Org members. The "tech" got corrupted? Balderdash! THERE IS NO TECH. It's all made up by Hubbard or stolen from other places. Dianetics is nothing more than abreaction that was developed by Freud and Breuer and abandoned.

Debbie Cook is doing what ALL former high-ranking Scientologists do upon leaving. When they reach out to other Scientologists, they make sure to state their "ranking" such as what OT levels they finished, certificates they gained, ranks they held in the Sea Org. That's a way of convincing themselves that - as in Cook's case - they WASTED deccades of their life on b.s. and they're trying to make it OK in their mind.

Follow LRH? You mean, the "super intellect" who died in a trailer in Creston, CA screaming at unseen disembodied space alien "body thetans" he thought were attacking him? Debbie Cook - this is your life.
3 people liked this.

Good one. Hopefully Debbie's opening salvo did a lot of damage but in the end she's just another lost soul hanging on to a fantasy.

But to me being a scientologist these days must be like being on one of the upper floors of a skyscraper, and you keep seeing bodies fly past the window from the floors above. And each one of these jumpers you find out is a major figure in the company you are working for, but you have to keep telling yourself that things are great! In fact things have actually never been better!

And that each one of these people flying by, even though some have vast experience and training with the company - way more than yourself - are in realty incompetent, corrupt, losers who simply didn't have the integrity to carry out the company's grand vision.

Maybe the reason that the government doesn't shut them down is that they're just curious to find out how stupid people can actually be.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Maybe the reason that the government doesn't shut them down is that they're just curious to find out how stupid people can actually be.

Possible factors for people with the power to do something about it: PR and money (and here PR means career-enhancing or -threatening PR). This would include blackmail or other threats from the CofS. Unless the pressure on people in power to do something about it is more than the pressure on (the same or other) people to maintain the status quo nothing will change.

The public good has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It has to be personal.

Paul

It is highly likely that this thread already has a higher number of views than there are active number of scientologists.

Looks like, we SPs vastly outnumber those ( currently ) in the fold of the "church".

All scientologists are going to be X scn'gist...they just haven't seen it yet -LOL !

[video=youtube;zDAmPIq29ro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors
Good one. Hopefully Debbie's opening salvo did a lot of damage but in the end she's just another lost soul hanging on to a fantasy.

But to me being a scientologist these days must be like being on one of the upper floors of a skyscraper, and you keep seeing bodies fly past the window from the floors above. And each one of these jumpers you find out is a major figure in the company you are working for, but you have to keep telling yourself that things are great! In fact things have actually never been better!

And that each one of these people flying by, even though some have vast experience and training with the company - way more than yourself - are in realty incompetent, corrupt, losers who simply didn't have the integrity to carry out the company's grand vision.

I agree with your "lost souls hanging on to a fantasy" idea. For some, I think the fantasy is the idea that the incompetent, corrupt, losers who have "jumped" in the past few years were the whole problem, and now that they have jumped things are going to really, truly get better.

I had a veteran SO member at my Class V org admit to me last fall that for a while things had been really abusive. She went on to say that in the past year, now that all those SPs had blown, things had gotten soooo much better. Why, the most recent SO mission to our org had been helpful and actually wanted feedback from the staff, not just to ream them out. It's a brand new day! Sunshine and roses from now on! We're back on source! Hip hip hooray!

G

Gottabrain

Possible factors for people with the power to do something about it: PR and money (and here PR means career-enhancing or -threatening PR). This would include blackmail or other threats from the CofS. Unless the pressure on people in power to do something about it is more than the pressure on (the same or other) people to maintain the status quo nothing will change.

The public good has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It has to be personal.

Paul

Also, certain crimes allow a freezing of accounts and/or assets prior to conviction when there is enough evidence.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I agree with your "lost souls hanging on to a fantasy" idea. For some, I think the fantasy is the idea that the incompetent, corrupt, losers who have "jumped" in the past few years were the whole problem, and now that they have jumped things are going to really, truly get better.

I had a veteran SO member at my Class V org admit to me last fall that for a while things had been really abusive. She went on to say that in the past year, now that all those SPs had blown, things had gotten soooo much better. Why, the most recent SO mission to our org had been helpful and actually wanted feedback from the staff, not just to ream them out. It's a brand new day! Sunshine and roses from now on! We're back on source! Hip hip hooray!
Yes, this seems to be the current "handle the public" strategy.

Faux ARC; it's just like real ARC only fragile.

For those still in or dealing with this; a good, fun game is to test the Faux ARC with Faux Upset, it falls apart in a (back)flash!

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

For now. The future remains to be seen.

I'm reminded of Stephen Colbert's phrase: reality has a well-known liberal bias.

By analogy, reality has a well-known non-LRH bias.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
I chose 12 prominent official Scientologists in good standing, early Monday morning, and checked if they all were still friends with Debbie Cook. All 12 were Facebook friends with Debbie at that time. Each listed Debbie Cook as their friend.

I checked again later on Monday, no change.

Tuesday morning, of those 12, 3 had unfriended Debbie.

As of Tuesday night, a mere 48 hours now, since her email, 5 of the 12 have unfriended her.

This is a skimpy survey, but it's raw info nonetheless.

I was sent the following showing how OSA polices Facebook.

OSA uses Jojo Albert Zawawi. (Anyone who has done an Internship at Flag will remember on the "Welcome to the Flag Internship" tape lecture by Hubbard, that he tells about a young 12 or 13 year old "perfect auditor", that auditor was Jojo. She's ex Sea Org, been in twice, and out again. She's a current Scientologist in good standing, and polices Facebook for OSA.)

-----------------------
[from a Facebook chat from Jojo to another Scientologist on Facebook:]

"Hi,

You have Debbie Cook on your friends list ("Debbie Jean Cook”). She has recently committed the following suppressive acts:

“Public disavowal of Scientology or Scientologists in good standing with Scientology organizations…Public statements against Scientology or Scientologists but not to Committees of Evidence duly convened.”

(Refer to HCO PL 23 Dec 68RB “SUPPRESSIVE ACTS, SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS”)

I thought you would want to know. If you have any questions or would like to verify this data, you can contact your local Ethics Officer/MAA or DSA. If they do not have the data yet, they can contact their senior terminals for you.)

XOXOXO Jojo "

As of Friday morning, a mere 5 days after Debbie's email, my 12 prominent official Scientologists superficial survey, 8 of the 12 un-friended Debbie on Facebook.

As of Saturday night, tonight, she lost one more prominent Scientologist friend on Facebook.

So my superficial survey, she's lost 9 of 12 in 6 days, due to her actions publicly complaining to fellow Scientologists, when she should have followed the Hubbard penalty rules and only complained in report form, or to a Committee of Evidence (none is actively being held against Miscavige and thus she doesn't have the option to complain to a Committee of Evidence until one is called on Miscavige).

Additionally, I've now searched around amongst the official Scientologists in good standing I respect still today, to find some that STILL are Debbie's friends, and I'm finding that mainly ex staff, people who have been fellow Sea Org members in particular, are the people who have NOT decided to unfriend her.

3 senior ex Sea Org staff, one who is quite famous, are all still her friends!

Good for them!

Out of a select group of 15 official Scientologists in good standing, 5 of 15 are still her friends.

I'll keep looking for respected official Scientologists who are NOT buckling to being told Debbie is a "bad girl" and should be un-friended.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . <snip> . . .

maverick_thumbsup.jpg

. . . Comment Approved ; )

Why, the most recent SO mission to our org had been helpful and actually wanted feedback from the staff, not just to ream them out. It's a brand new day! Sunshine and roses from now on! We're back on source! Hip hip hooray!
I think somebody up at int actually read "it's a PR world" and decided to white wash the place. This quote is an example and I heard that they are getting the staff at Int to send out glowing reports to family about how wonderful it all is up there and that they are making a difference.

Is that s**t I smell? No, it's used food!

Oh boy.

Mimsey

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors
I think somebody up at int actually read "it's a PR world" and decided to white wash the place. This quote is an example and I heard that they are trying to get the staff at Int to send out glowing reports to family about how wonderful it all is up there.

Is that s**t I smell? No, it is used food!

Oh boy.

Mimsey

I agree. The SO officer who told me this was trying to convince me that the abuses I saw and experienced during my years training at Flag had occurred during a particularly bad time. And she really seemed to believe the bad times were all over. But I, too, smelled...PR.

T

TheSneakster

I agree. The SO officer who told me this was trying to convince me that the abuses I saw and experienced during my years training at Flag had occurred during a particularly bad time. And she really seemed to believe the bad times were all over. But I, too, smelled...PR.

That "Things are better now that we got rid of all those SP assholes." PR line was used on me back in 1991 when I was being recovered for the Sea Org at ASHO Foundation.

It's not just bullshit, it's old bullshit.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
That "Things are better now that we got rid of all those SP assholes." PR line was used on me back in 1991 when I was being recovered for the Sea Org at ASHO Foundation.

Yep, regular as clockwork it is.
People want to believe it so much they tend to think "well maybe this time..."

T

TheSneakster

Yep, regular as clockwork it is.
People want to believe it so much they tend to think "well maybe this time..."

The one SP Asshole they have never gotten rid of is Darth Midget. I will not say things are going to get a whole lot better even then. But I can say for certain they never will until he is gone.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
The one SP Asshole they have never gotten rid of is Darth Midget. I will not say things are going to get a whole lot better even then. But I can say for certain they never will until he is gone.

People cut too much slack for Hubbard. He violated his own SP rules left right and center, and "case on post" is his most consistent violation. He wove his case right into the totalitarian rules that the followers of official Scientology are trapped executing on one another ruining and threateaning to ruin each other's lives, and NEVER are they allowed to question the wisdom or efficacy of his 'tech" or "policy."

Scientology is an ultra catch 22 totalitarianism making Hubbard the hero and all who fail at his system the villains. What better bad fiction story with a permanent bad ending for the followers!