What's new

An email from Debbie Cook to active Scientologists

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
We have received confirmation that Debbie's email has made it to little ol ACT in Australia. Now that's exciting :biggrin:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I received a very nice email from Debbie today... likewise, with another ex-Scio that messaged her on Facebook..

She is responding to emails.

Lavalyte

Patron with Honors
Interesting post, Helena! I never thought of it that way.. it got me thinking.
Religions/cults always seem to dictate to their followers what's right and what's wrong, including sexual aspects of their lives.
Hmm, wonder why.

It's definitely one of the defining characteristics of a cult. As to why, personally I think it gives the cult leader a sense of power to be able to dictate these things.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I'm going 'slightly' off topic with my pet conspiracy theory now! - The inevitable Scientology 'Revolution'..

A revolution is the one and only remedy for Scientology's totally stinking and abhorrent public image.. There is NO other option really!

So, the revolution could be genuine. Ie. the scientologists have a fit and kick miscavige and other execs with Hitler'ian tendencies out, and insist on a more 'reasonable' way of running things in Scientology. Pay for staff and less money grubbing, etc.. I have wondered why they don't do that for many years. Because what Debbie Cook says is quite true, within the scientology mindset, and every scientologist really should be able to 'see' that.

Or, the revolution could be a carefully orchestrated OSA Operation. Like I still suspect Mr.Rathbun of doing.. But Debbie Cook rings true for me.. I think she's truthful in what she says. (Never mind that I disagree. The cult should be abolished completely, that's what I think..)

If the revolution is a fake one. The PR part largely run by Mr.Rathbun, then that is either with or without the 'cooperation' of Miscavige.. It could be 'responsible' exec's makin a 'half fake' revolution in spite of Miscavige. Or it could be done with Miscavige's full cooperation. If Miscavige cooperates it would mean that he's 'caved in' to say it in scientologeeze. Ie. He's realized he's fucked the Church up beyond reapir and is sulking in some corner, only to be called front by the people who runs the 'Revolution Programme' to say and do things on the 'programme' that makes him seem even more idiotic. The final step on the programme will be that Miscavige is 'very' spectacularly kicked out and new people take over.

The 'Valuable Final Product' of this 'Programme' will be Scientology washed clean of all past sins! - If done convincingly enough.

Well, this will also be the Valuable Final Product of a genuine Revolution.. Which is the point of it all and why it WILL work.. Difference being that scientology after a fake revolution will surely be as bad as the one we already know. Afte a genuine revolution there's a chance it wont be as bad.. Though I don't believe so.

The insanity is in Hubbard's writings, and will recreate the totalitarian shit cult in short order.

:yes:

RogerB

Crusader
Originally Posted by FoTi
What is ACT?

It's the Australian Capital Territory (A.C.T). It's the Territory in Australia which houses our Nation's Capital, Canberra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Capital_Territory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canberra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Capital_Territory

It's the equivalent of what D.C. is to you Americans :biggrin:

Now surely no-one needs ask what D.C. is? If so, bloody google it! :melodramatic:

R

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Unlike the '100% Standard-per-RTC-tech-Scientologists', who are publicly disconnecting from Debbie in the most atrociously rude, cutting, cold and frankly sickeningly crude fashion, Debbie is communicating with warmth, inclusion and even forgivness. These bitter, boorish on-lines people seem to personify Scientology 2012, well, they are welcome to it, then.

Debbie has been responding individually to as many people as she can, even to little old SPs like Smurf and my bad self. I think that this takes quite some courage and an admirable degree of humility. I was quite frank with her in stating my stance with regard to Scientology, but equally in my support for the intent of goodness and courage that is behind her email.

I find her to be a gracious, respectful and humane woman. I still stand by my statement in another posting that she has some distance to go before she has done her part to heal the gaping wound left by her own role, however insignificant, in the death of that poor young woman, Lisa McPherson, who's voice yet cries out, nay, keens, from the grave. But Debbie has clearly taken some big steps in that direction. Mike and Marty have not. Miscavige and his Scientology never will.

Thank you Debbie, I hope we see you here communicating in the real world soon.

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Unlike the '100% Standard-per-RTC-tech-Scientologists', who are publicly disconnecting from Debbie in the most atrociously rude, cutting, cold and frankly sickeningly crude fashion, Debbie is communicating with warmth, inclusion and even forgivness. These bitter, boorish on-lines people seem to personify Scientology 2012, well, they are welcome to it, then.

Debbie has been responding individually to as many people as she can, even to little old SPs like Smurf and my bad self. I think that this takes quite some courage and an admirable degree of humility. I was quite frank with her in stating my stance with regard to Scientology, but equally in my support for the intent of goodness and courage that is behind her email.

I find her to be a gracious, respectful and humane woman. I still stand by my statement in another posting that she has some distance to go before she has done her part to heal the gaping wound left by her own role, however insignificant, in the death of that poor young woman, Lisa McPherson, who's voice yet cries out, nay, keens, from the grave. But Debbie has clearly taken some big steps in that direction. Mike and Marty have not. Miscavige and his Scientology never will.

Well said.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

The Engraulis mordax speaketh sooth, methinks.