What's new

Anyone ever experience an engram?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
You might have an MU here, I suspect.

ref·er·ent
/ˈref(ə)rənt/
Noun
The thing that a word or phrase denotes or stands for.

Nope, that's what I meant. I would agree that Hubbard's definition of an "engram" included specifications which are contentious if not flatly wrong (the "exactness" of the recording, in this case), but that the term he used nonetheless referred to painful experiences that led to distortions in both cognition and emotional reactions (the referent).

That's why, when a person comes and wants to discuss their "engrams", regardless of my difficulties with their choice of terminology, I understand what they are talking about, and so I talk about that, rather than my difficulties with their terminology.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Yes

Yes, the watching of the movie was occuring in present time.

Yes

As long as the previously recorded movie isn´t brought into present time, you won´t be able to watch it. The same is with an engram, got it ?

Yes, I've got it. You seem to be talking about whether the person is currently accessing a file (which they have with them in the present, or couldn't access).

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
You seem to assume that I haven't "looked into" the things you suggest, or that your vantage is superior. Obviously, we disagree.
When did I ever say my "vantage is superior"?? Wow! Discussing things with you is simply impossible. You think you know "the truth" about Scientology, the Reactive Mind and "engrams" and no discussion of the real definitions of these things that absolutely contradict your beliefs will be tolerated by you.

And then you accuse others of "assuming their vantage is superior". :duh::duh::duh:

You refuse to admit that your redefinitions of Hubbard's concepts don't match Hubbard's definitions - which are, factually, the only valid definitions for Hubbard's concepts.

Then you build your elaborate thesis on your incorrect definitions.

Then you attack all who attempt to correct your bad definitions of Hubbard's concepts.

And you think you are superior to everyone who disagrees with you.

No, there is no discussion possible here. I was right the first time.

Forget I ever responded to any of your comments. That was my error.

Bill

uniquemand

Unbeliever
When did I ever say my "vantage is superior"?? Wow! Discussing things with you is simply impossible. You think you know "the truth" about Scientology, the Reactive Mind and "engrams" and no discussion of the real definitions of these things that absolutely contradict your beliefs will be tolerated by you.

And then you accuse others of "assuming their vantage is superior". :duh::duh::duh:

You refuse to admit that your redefinitions of Hubbard's concepts don't match Hubbard's definitions - which are, factually, the only valid definitions for Hubbard's concepts.

Then you build your elaborate thesis on your incorrect definitions.

Then you attack all who attempt to correct your bad definitions of Hubbard's concepts.

And you think you are superior to everyone who disagrees with you.

No, there is no discussion possible here. I was right the first time.

Forget I ever responded to any of your comments. That was my error.

Bill

No worries, Bill. I guess your laughing icons weren't intended as mockery. I was responding to the content for a while, but after a while, responded to the way you were communicating, as well. You're right, I think, that it's an error for us to try to talk in this medium.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . As long as the previously recorded movie isn´t brought into present time, you won´t be able to watch it. The same is with an engram, got it ?

Yep, quite true . . . and such is the key to that pernicious trap laid for mankind by Xenu. What a clever bugger he was to hide such a series of memories so they could only be released in gradients by an Auditor controlling the mind of a PC. Such wickedness!!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Do you just obtain a lock, or (re-)experience a restimulated lock ?

I think in Hubbard's lingo, a lock is always something that is a restimulation of other charge sufficient to impact the person in the present, creating another analytical attenuation. I don't really remember, though. It's been about ten years since I cracked one of his books.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . That's why, when a person comes and wants to discuss their "engrams", regardless of my difficulties with their choice of terminology, I understand what they are talking about, and so I talk about that, rather than my difficulties with their terminology.

Oh dear . . . please tell me you are not using the hypno-cans in some sort of therapy session?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Oh dear . . . please tell me you are not using the hypno-cans in some sort of therapy session?

I could, but I don't. No, what I was referring to here is the original poster's desire to talk about people's experiences with engrams.

I do not accept dianetics/scientology clients for dianetics/scientology services.

I do offer metapsychology facilitation for people who have experienced trauma and desire to be free of its baggage. http://www.nrepp.samhsa.gov/ViewIntervention.aspx?id=245

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I think in Hubbard's lingo, a lock is always something that is a restimulation of other charge sufficient to impact the person in the present, creating another analytical attenuation. I don't really remember, though. It's been about ten years since I cracked one of his books.

Lets forget jargon. Humans experience shit sometimes and going over that gives us relief. It's not something Hubbard invented.

Where dianetics disappears into invention and dodgy stuff is in past lives. Even if they are real it would be this life time that needs to be addressed, regardless of them only being 'locks' or 'secondaries'.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I could, but I don't. No, what I was referring to here is the original poster's desire to talk about people's experiences with engrams.

I do not accept dianetics/scientology clients for dianetics/scientology services.

I do offer metapsychology facilitation for people who have experienced trauma and desire to be free of its baggage. http://www.nrepp.samhsa.gov/ViewIntervention.aspx?id=245

<snip>Actually, I think Book One CAN help people tremendously.

:drowning:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Lets forget jargon. Humans experience shit sometimes and going over that gives us relief. It's not something Hubbard invented.

Where dianetics disappears into invention and dodgy stuff is in past lives. Even if they are real it would be this life time that needs to be addressed, regardless of them only being 'locks' or 'secondaries'.

Agreed.

Free Being Me

Crusader

<snip>Actually, I think Book One CAN help people tremendously.

:) The fact that the claims he made for dianetics were hyperbolic and full of fraud doesn't mean that there weren't any valid, worthwhile results.

I don't see the problem. I do think Book One can help people. I don't use it. :) I also think that LSD can help people. I don't administer it.

BTW, that's a great smiley.

Recommending something you won't on use your own clients is rather telling.

Kettle logic – using multiple inconsistent arguments to defend a position.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies