What's new

Exscientologykids.com: NEW SITE LAUNCH

dr3k

Patron with Honors
It is a skin galvanometer and a wheat-stone bridge. It's a simple polygraph device without detection of respiration, arterial exertion or perspiration.

SarahNW

Patron
Congratulations, Kendra, on all your accomplishments. Best of luck with your wedding.

The new site looks fine. One quibble. The emeter.

It really isn't a lie detector. One proof is that it is lousy at detecting lies. It does use a similar technology to that which is included in some so called "lie detectors", but calling it one is a mischaracterization.

I concede that it might be easier for your intended audience to come to grips with though as a "lie detector". I usually describe it as a sort of "subconscious stress indicator". It seems to get the idea across a bit better.

Mark A. Baker

Thanks for the tip, Mark. As soon as the hubbub dies down a little I'll make some edits.

-Kendra

Congratulations Kendra to you and your fellow team members!

Great information gateway for Scientology kids, adults, ex-members, general public and media, to help reveal the lies, manipulations and deceptions of the Church of Scientology.

Great courage! Great site!

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you have a story of growing up in Scientology, long or short, with your name or anonymously, we will publish it.

Thanks again. Enjoy.

Okay Kendra. I have now registered! :thumbsup:

And posted my first threads! :yes:

And created my first poll! :p

I feel so excited :happydance:

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Congratulations, Kendra, on all your accomplishments. Best of luck with your wedding.

The new site looks fine. One quibble. The emeter.

It really isn't a lie detector. One proof is that it is lousy at detecting lies. It does use a similar technology to that which is included in some so called "lie detectors", but calling it one is a mischaracterization.

I concede that it might be easier for your intended audience to come to grips with though as a "lie detector". I usually describe it as a sort of "subconscious stress indicator". It seems to get the idea across a bit better.

Mark A. Baker

You are a Tech guy Mark,
you use your emeter in a positive way :thumbsup: , but realize that the majority of the auditing done on staff in the Sea Org is Security Checking ... the emeter is used as a lie detector (more technically as an overt/withhold detector!).

For that reason "lie detector" is a very good description of the emeter for newbies on their site.

MarkWI

SarahNW

Patron
Okay Kendra. I have now registered! :thumbsup:

And posted my first threads! :yes:

And created my first poll! :p

I feel so excited :happydance:

Thanks grundy! Yeah, right now we just need help getting the converation rolling in the forums. Nothing more pathetic than a forsaken forum.

(Sorry Emma - no intention of stealing your posters).

Congratulations Ladies! This is GREAT!!! The truth will set us free so thank you for standing up and speaking it. :thumbsup: Your stories really brought home to me the truth that I never really confronted while in the church, the abuse of children. I bought into the idea that kids are just thetans with small bodies and used to admire all the little cadets thinking how lucky they were getting such a young start on their bridges, such big beings, knowing exactly what their purpose in life was and wasting no time getting to it.:faceslap:

It wasn't until I had kids myself that I realized that kids need to be kids. I would never let anything or anyone disconnect me from my children. I do not allow Sea Orgers to talk to them at all.

So god bless you girls. One person can make a difference, three people can make history.

Kind Regards,
The Anonymous Scientologist

Anon678_

Patron
Minor nitpick, the site is awsome, but on the main page, the text "Ex-Scientology Kids Home" and "Note for Scientologists" has too little contrast. Make it black.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
This is GREAT!!!

Wow! - That's awesome! - Spanking website.. And very pleasing layout too.. And content is da' Bomb!!!

Kendra, Jenna and Astra.. You girls are just wonderful!

And I just discovered that there's an MB too! - I registered, but the authenticate e-mail ain't coming in.. I may have borked my e-mail adress in the registry form?

:melodramatic:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Wonderful job Kendra, you guys have done a great service. I hope all ex-Scientology kids get to hear about it and join in with you guys.

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Kendra,

You guys are just what the doctor ordered!!!!! This is the darkest aspect of Scientology and one of the major reasons for me leaving (I'm a mom).

You should be very proud of yourself-you are a true "freedom fighter".:happydance:

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
Kendra,

This is amazing! And your site is like SP said 'Dabomb' :coolwink:

:thumbsup: :clap: :coolwink: for what you are doing. It takes courage.

The main reason I left was also for my kids who were still very very young than. Thank god!

Good luck sweety :happydance:

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
I'd like to say that I find all your stories VERY moving !

My kids, now adults, have never been exposed to Scn beyond the answers we, parents, gave when and only when they were asking for. Although they had access to every material in their house. In fact back then one of the reasons we routed out staff was we considered it a poor environment to raise up a kid.

This was the breaker in my situation as well. My kids are grown and only know what we have told them. I was not really sure why I felt the need to shelter them at that time, but hey, wait! maybe I was having an OT phenomena. Damn.

Curiosity

Patron with Honors
Wow, I teared up while reading your story, Kendra. The stories of the people who grew up in Scientology seem to affect me more than the stories of those who went there seeking answers to soul-deep questions. Maybe because you guys never had a choice or a chance. :no:

I am not one of the real, 4chan Anonymous members, but I went and protested with them in my city largely because of posts I read on here from people who were feeling empowered at last by seeing an army of supporters. It suddenly seemed important to go stand up for those who were unable to; to do on their behalf the thing that they could not, out of fear or whatever other crippling psychological barriers they are/were struggling with, and of course, the very real threat that they would be recognized and harmed in someway. I don't know any Scientologists other than on the Internet, so it's not like they'd recognize my voice or something, and there was no reason that I couldn't go stand for a bit across form the local org and try to represent those who were still huddling together, but peeking at the spectacle through the Internet window. I broke my arm trying to pat myself on the back afterwards for being such a great guy and have secretly harbored some idle thoughts that I could sit the next round out, having done my part already. Seeing you put your face and name on the Internet like this and saying that you found the courage to do so from people who were willing to step up and protest, makes me feel ashamed for wanting to retire to the sidelines after the incredible self-sacrifice of like, a whole two hours of my time two weeks ago. :eyeroll: I will stick it out instead; I owe you that as a fellow human being. :yes:

I played MTG from 4th Edition on through Stronghold, and there were NEVER any hotties at the tournaments I played in. Maybe I should buy a new deck and take it up again. :p

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
I went and protested with them in my city largely because of posts I read on here from people who were feeling empowered at last by seeing an army of supporters.

Thank you for that Curiosity! I had wondered how so many people with hardly a reason (to me) to be in the fight, joined in.

Div6

Crusader
ZOMFG!!!!

ESMB had a baby!

And they are beautiful!

May a thousand flowers bloom...

Where do I send the presents?

And the cake?