What's new

I was tired of broken promises!

Marie

Patron
Hello all - Just to let you know some of the facts of this story are blurred - like so many other entries on this site, I noticed the names of even close friends are just gone from my memory, along with some of my time line.

I came from a Scientology family, My Grandmother was in the SO, my Dad and Mom were on staff, my aunt, my brother, etc... All left at some point (before or after me). As a child I hadnt had anything other then a comm course - my parents were poor.

I didn't think about joining... When I was in LA to escape my mother (she was crazy, or maybe I was just 18 :eyeroll: )

While I was in LA my mom died, my dad - who was visiting at the time - took me to the org for a session, it was the best thing he could think of to help.

I joined LA org, did ok - though was very upset the 1st week when I took home about $46, after quitting a job and being promised that we would make enough to makeup for the income, I was not explained whatever system they figured out pay by. I lucked out joining an affluent org, I heard horror stories later.

I was a fast study, and no life experience, my parents kept us out of trouble and we did not get into trouble. I was easily HCO Qualled.

Seeing this I was sent to ITO to do the OEC FEBC after being on staff for about 6 months. During that 6 months I didn't get much study time - (always a stat that had to be pushed, or a hill 10) - however did finish the purif and have time to get some student auditing, which put me out int and made me a troubled PC... I was told that this would make me able to get the better posts, get me in a position to get up the bridge, etc. - I wasn't making any process the way I was going.

So I was excited to be able to learn so much in a short time, and went off to ITO, which was on the other side of the big blue building (at least in the 80's). I finished the Student hat, just under checksheet time and another small course, also under checksheet time, started the OEC, finished the OEC was on the FEBC and somewhere during this I was recruited for the SO. I was high from my wins on training (not my auditing, which was suppossed to be handled by the org during my training - I got in session however not regularly and didnt seem to be going anywhere - after red tagging 30 or 40 times, they got me stable and left me alone so I wouldnt be a downstat for the HGC).

I joined the SO, and continued at LA Org, and was to do my EPF upon my completion of the FEBC - I was 5 months into training doing well - I was on the last 3 checksheet items. Then someone decided I was a commodity to be traded. I ended up being brought back to the CO's, and told that I was going to be taken off training to start my EPF because I was being transferred to some other org, greatest good, greatest number of dynamics, etc.

I was unhappy about this, but didn't complain too much because I was told as soon as I completed the EPF I could finish the FEBC... So I was gullible, and thought that these people would not lie, what would be their purpose to mess up my progress...:duh:

Went thru the EPF in record time (under 2 weeks, if I remember correctly), as I said I was/am a very quick study. When I completed I was told I had been traded again, I was going to the mkting org, didnt get hatted well, didnt really get told what I was suppossed to do, then was told that I would be going to the Gold ofc - to do recruiting, didn't get back to training or auditing, but went to post, no training time again... I was not doing well, was making waves because I was trying to follow policy, thought people should make an informed decision when joining the SO - boy did I get booted to another org fast. Well actually traded up, ended up in the msn unit doing msn coverage (I liked that - got paid - did the jobs I was put into and was on full time training when I wasn't).

I got in trouble, my fault, sent to epf again, but was immediatly pulled to do msn expediting on one mission, then a second, again no training, still out int, no ethics handling, etc.

Then, was traded to ASHO, to do a div 7 post, was left in HCO, finally ended up as a div head in another div... Was getting in session, because they wanted to finish my quals - but no training.

Then one of my juniors was very ill, I brought her food, tried to make her post as easy as possible (she was obviously ill, but did not really try to get medical help - I thought this wrong, but my 2 times going to the medical officer I could understand).

She basically was off post for a couple of months - and when she came back she was looking like death (I am sure she did not last long after that). I talked to her and she had been in the SO for years and did not have family or friends to take care of her, she was alone - even in the SO... I didn't want to end up like that, and could see it happening in the future.

So I tried to go on, did well on post, I went suicidal - did not report it, because I did not want to end up in some weird place with the org.

I decided that I would save up and blow, the same day I sold about 4 grand in books (someone called my extension - told me that they wanted to use their account money to buy books, and didnt want to give the commission to a reg). So I took the order - the 1st commision I had ever recieved, funny thing I would have not left without this, I would have talked myself out of it...LOL

Well, they decided to give out the commission early because they were trying to boost morale and gave me a well done ( I had gotten top staff member for 2 out of the last 4 weeks, so I was an upstat and was a good example).

Anyway, I packed my stuff, walked to the bus station in the middle of the night and was on a bus back to detroit.

I went back and routed out correctly.

Funny thing, I would have stuck it out (you know, your word is your honor) but I got tired of being lied to, not getting training, not getting my auditing, being shuffled around, starting courses not being allowed to finish, starting auditing not being completed, basically I was treated well when it served the purpose of the person in front of me.

Well, I believed, but the actions told me that either the tech was being ignored or just did not work.

I wrote KR's that were sent to every terminal that I could think of, but did not get any resolution or answers, that is when I realized it probably didnt work or someone along the line would have done something - I was obviously of no value to this group and didn't want to be part of that anymore.

I have never done any negative actions against this group (til now - but this is only truth - as I see it and remember it - its been at least 17 years)

And though I know some scientologists still, it won't make a difference now, no matter who is watching.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Thanks for telling your story Marie. Welcome to the board. Take your time and don't let Alanzo sell you any 'stat push' :)

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
Another perfectly good staff member wasted in the dust-bin of Dev-T called the Church of Scientology\Lyingtology.

Welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing more stories.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Welcome to the board Marie!

Thanks for telling your story. :coolwink:

Div 6 I LOVE your sig line and if I was on another board I'd steal it!

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Marie.

Thank you for the story.

I got the same impression when I was in in the earlier 80's.
A bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off and nothing of any value really getting done.

Marie

Patron
Thanks for the good words, it was exactly like that. I didn't get much direction and it seemed that every person was out to push their stat... Had to be St. Hill Size, real or not.

Marie

Patron
I was at LA org in the mid to late 80's, I was in HCO. I was there under, but close to a year (not including training time), as I said my time lines a little fuzzy - it was a while ago and my time tracking has never been the best.

We were always trying to Make St Hill Size, they hadn't hit it yet - actually I don't know if they ever did. One of the other Orgs around the area had just made it.

Jeanie Bogavich (?) was CO, Mark in HGC, Cheryl in reg area - don't really remember names of other 60 or so staff, without thinking about it too much.

Div6

Crusader
Div 6 I LOVE your sig line and if I was on another board I'd steal it!

Oh, I change my sig line every week or so for varities sake, so just copy it off and wait until I change it again....the actual Carlin quote is longer, but I had to chop it down to stay under the character limits...

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn't think about joining... When I was in LA to escape my mother (she was crazy, or maybe I was just 18 :eyeroll: )

No ... she was crazy.. Trust me. lol

Our mother's big failed purpose was joining the SO. But she had done LSD. She always wanted to be in the SO. Downhill after that rejection. She was crazy enough that she probably would have done well there.

See my other response to another one of your posts.

(It's kinda funny. We see each other pretty much everyday. And it's still really fun to talk about THIS subject HERE instead of face to face lmao)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Glad to read your story, Marie. Broken promises- for sure! CofS only sees people as resources to be used and abused as they see fit. Then they wonder why they have so many critics.

Marie

Patron
That I don't need to post just to get the "stats".... Just post when and where I want.

I think that is the stat he was talking about.:thumbsup:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Stat push is a term in the church.

All orgs run on statistics. They count everything. Its based on numbers. The Money coming in, people coming in, courses started, courses completed. Everything.

A stat push is like cutting corners. Not doing it right and per what LRH says.

Like putting someone through a course they did before, just to get the completion. Not like they learned new material. It was just to get another stat.

(The joke about not letting Alanzo stat push is: dont do cheap stupid posts to get more posts because Alanzo does it. Post some quality and dont worry about quantity of posts).

There anon!! You will become a learned Scientologist yet!! Without ever stepping foot into an org!!!

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was at LA org in the mid to late 80's, I was in HCO. I was there under, but close to a year (not including training time), as I said my time lines a little fuzzy - it was a while ago and my time tracking has never been the best.

We were always trying to Make St Hill Size, they hadn't hit it yet - actually I don't know if they ever did. One of the other Orgs around the area had just made it.

Jeanie Bogavich (?) was CO, Mark in HGC, Cheryl in reg area - don't really remember names of other 60 or so staff, without thinking about it too much.

Yes, I saw the musical chairs game in the ethics office at ASHO in the early to mid-90's. The ethics officers seemed to get younger and younger. Or was that just me getting older? However, I loved Louisa at AOLA and was sorrry to see her route out.

A person piles up enough of those observations and outnesses and one justifier after another. The ultimate justifier, that got toppled, was that it would all be perfect at Flag and upper management. Little did I know that we were all PTS to Da'Man himself!

Marie

Patron
By the way, thanks for the replies to my posts... I have always been bad at the acks, but my friends just understand thats how I am and forgive...