What's new

Independent Scientology Milestone Two responds to Going Clear

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent Scientology Milestone Two responds to Going Clear.

Milestone Two: Prisoners of belief

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/02/01/prisoners-of-belief/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Posted by Lana M.
February 1, 2015

by Jim Logan

I read Lawrence Wright’s book. I looked for something that was actually part of the subjects of Dianetics or Scientology in it. I didn’t find anything. I mean, ANY, actual, real Scientology in its pages.

What I did find was a cornucopia of drek. Gossip, rumor, hearsay and not a wit of the ostensible topic, Dianetics or Scientology. A Russell Miller redux, and in light of the facts that Margaret Lake has presented this is really pretty cheesy.

How could that be?

I think I have one answer to that question.

Lawrence Wright is a regular ol’ average human being. He considers he is “Lawrence Wright”, that body, with one life, in that body, living on a lone planet that spontaneously brought about that one life, in that one body, from a sea of ammonia, sometime in the last billion years or so, evolving along until one day, carbon and oxygen and hydrogen and a bunch of chemicals gave rise to his “consciousness” as “Lawrence Wright”. One day that will die and that’s the end. He’s convinced – or at least he’s pretty sure.

He’s got lots of company and so he figures he’s set, in agreement and in tune with current thought of a certain vague group of people. A rational, reasonable man, a normal guy.

In order to grasp Scientology, Lawrence would have to attain an awareness level that would somehow approach, at least to some degree, being able to conceive a Static.

In other words, he’d have to attain somewhat on the way to a state of beingness where he would be ABLE to conceive a Static. That’s quite a jump. In fact, it’s the goal of many schools of enlightenment, to achieve an awareness of “essence”, that cognition of the individual’s actual beingness as source, the creator of space, the maker of energy particles. The distinction of the Static from all that “something” that is everything else. It’s a jump that a whole bunch of people don’t make, even miss altogether. Such is the Tao.

I was studying a tape the other day, Clearing: Possibilities, from 9 June 59 and part of the 6th London Advanced Clinical Course. LRH is going over cases and awareness levels. He’s discussing the subject of “valences” and describing some of the phenomena related to these assumed beingnesses. A person will take on the personality of something he thinks is the best method of surviving. On the other hand, if the person is surviving, then they seem to be in the best method. After all, they’re surviving aren’t they?

For somebody who thinks they live one life, then they have one mode of surviving, that body, its composite personality, the memories of their life adding up to “who they are”.

For a lot of people, they are in the only valence they can conceive, and they barely conceive that and getting them to see beyond that, is quite a task. They muddle along, in a condition of “phrnah, bluch, wog-wog, figure-figure, what wall?”.

Here’s a quote from this lecture:

“Now, let’s simplify this whole thing. We can talk all we want to about the philosophic questions that Man faces and all we find out is that Man doesn’t know that he faces these philosophic questions. He speculates on them very poorly and he does not envision a beingness, ordinarily, which lies outside the beingnesses which he readily observes. He readily observes these beingnesses, he says there are no other beingnesses. Some fine day another beingness jumps up and eats him up, skin and bones and hymn-book too. And he says, “Where did that come from?” He had it all taped.”

Scientology is unreal to Lawrence Wright. That’s why he can’t describe it, write about it or comment on it in any meaningful way. He cannot conceive a Static. Lacking this level of awareness, this cognition or degree of understanding, the subject eludes his grasp.

He can write about the beingnesses he readily observes – his idea of what a person is, what it means to be a regular ol’ human bean. He can opine that this person is “odd”, that person is “normal”, or some other person doesn’t seem to be in agreement with what Lawrence Wright thinks is agreeable or what he considers other “rational, reasonable” people consider is OK. He’s got it all taped.

Falling outside his limited viewpoint, well, one is simply unreal. It’s pretty hard to get around his “now we’re supposed to” think this way about what life is, and what the experience of living consists, especially for Lawrence, because he simply cannot envision some beingness beyond what he thinks beingness is, and so there aren’t any other states of beingness.

He’s got lots of company. (Alex Gibney “didn’t see any holes” in Lawrence’s work.)

Considering this incredibly parochial, narrow, state of existence of these poor fellas, one wonders just who is the prisoner and can feel some pathos for them, bodies unaware that there is any other state of beingness, than bodies.

“Now, when a person has a chewed-up time track and when he himself has been victimizing and being victimized-back and forth, give and take-his own fixations upon valences, his own difficulties and so on have assembled themselves into a personality package than which there is no other. You see? Because it’s totally made up out of attention fixation, he really hasn’t a chance of recognizing-not a chance of recognizing-that there could be any other state of beingness.

“It’s rather pathetic. You jump into a Roman slave pen and say, ‘Come on slaves, strike off your chains, be free’ and so forth. Well, you and I know intellectually they, of course-of course, they’re just waiting for somebody to unlock the gates, you know; and strike off the chains and walk out and assume natural existences and all we’d have to do is just?jump into the slave pen and say, ‘Well, strike off your chains, slaves, here we go.’ You see? And they say, ‘Who’s this nut?’ They’d say, ‘Is there any other state of existence besides slavery?’ “ (LRH, Clearing: Possibilities, 9 June 1959.)

Two-dimensional worms really don’t get other dimensions. They seem to be prisoners of their own belief there just can’t be anything else than what they think they are, a “two -dimensional worm” holding on with white knuckles to that beingness.

Alas, conceiving a Static can be a heavy process, and isn’t recommended for any cases having any real difficulty (Creation of Human Ability R2-40). Gradient scale approaches are indicated as lots of beings are at pretty low levels of awareness that are completely unaware of anything above.

There are those that can reach to the level of cognition that includes the ability to conceive a Static. Those beings can go Clear, they can achieve OT. They can grasp their own postulates and considerations that led them to the state they are in.

They can actually be free.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Me can't read this Milestone two stuff anymore!
My brain protest!
Help!

:scared:

I surrender!
:surrender:

* (same OCD than within the CO$ - control other's thoughts as a guru who knows and stand as authority)

** (Are we supposed to be saved by those people ???...)

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
For a lot of people, they are in the only valence they can conceive, and they barely conceive that and getting them to see beyond that, is quite a task. They muddle along, in a condition of “phrnah, bluch, wog-wog, figure-figure, what wall?”.

Dafuq?

“It’s rather pathetic. You jump into a Roman slave pen and say, ‘Come on slaves, strike off your chains, be free’ and so forth. Well, you and I know intellectually they, of course-of course, they’re just waiting for somebody to unlock the gates, you know; and strike off the chains and walk out and assume natural existences and all we’d have to do is just?jump into the slave pen and say, ‘Well, strike off your chains, slaves, here we go.’ You see? And they say, ‘Who’s this nut?’ They’d say, ‘Is there any other state of existence besides slavery?’ “ (LRH, Clearing: Possibilities, 9 June 1959.)

I am Spartacus.

Jeezus.

I think you could fit Ron's entire knowledge of history into a matchbox without taking the matches out first.

CommunicatorIC

Dafuq?

I am Spartacus.

Jeezus.

I think you could fit Ron's entire knowledge of history into a matchbox without taking the matches out first.
Um, could we be careful with those "Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC" tags, M'kay? :) Yes, I cross-posted it, but those are not my words. Xenu help me if anyone thought I wrote that.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Um, could we be careful with those "Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC" tags, M'kay? :) Yes, I cross-posted it, but those are not my words. Xenu help me if anyone thought I wrote that.

Okey-dokey. I was just trying to give proper credit for the ESMB entry ... :omg:

Is that better? :stickpoke:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's dead Jim.

I see they are playing the 'I am a bigger thetan than you' game. I'm in awe of his spiritual humility and inner wisdom.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It's dead Jim.

I see they are playing the 'I am a bigger thetan than you' game. I'm in awe of his spiritual humility and inner wisdom.

spiritual progress ???? -

Of unprecedented order of magnitude
never encountered,
in this lifetime, on this planet!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Spiritual progressingness. :biggrin:

What do you expect from a mindfucked twit that hasn't learned much since she quit corporate Scientology? :duh:

"So what has Scientology done for me? Scientology has given me countless wins and helped me to find myself, my own knowingness, my integrity, my abilities and my games. And it has given me the courage to stand up and make standard Scientology available to others, outside the C of S, in safe places, with trusted technical terminals and with LRH’s exact tech. And the value of that is priceless. Thanks LRH."
- Lana M.

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/what-has-scn-done-for-me

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Independent Scientology Milestone Two responds to Going Clear.

Milestone Two: Prisoners of belief

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/02/01/prisoners-of-belief/

Posted by Lana M.
February 1, 2015

by Jim Logan

I read Lawrence Wright’s book. I looked for something that was actually part of the subjects of Dianetics or Scientology in it. I didn’t find anything. I mean, ANY, actual, real Scientology in
its pages.

What I did find was a cornucopia of drek. Gossip, rumor, hearsay and not a wit of the ostensible topic, Dianetics or Scientology. A Russell Miller redux, and in light of the facts that Margaret Lake has presented this is really pretty cheesy.

How could that be?

I think I have one answer to that question.

Lawrence Wright is a regular ol’ average human being. He considers he is “Lawrence Wright”, that body, with one life, in that body, living on a lone planet that spontaneously brought about that one life, in that one body, from a sea of ammonia, sometime in the last billion years or so, evolving along until one day, carbon and oxygen and hydrogen and a bunch of chemicals gave rise to his “consciousness” as “Lawrence Wright”. One day that will die and that’s the end. He’s convinced – or at least he’s pretty sure.

He’s got lots of company and so he figures he’s set, in agreement and in tune with current thought of a certain vague group of people. A rational, reasonable man, a normal guy.

In order to grasp Scientology, Lawrence would have to attain an awareness level that would somehow approach, at least to some degree, being able to conceive a Static.

In other words, he’d have to attain somewhat on the way to a state of beingness where he would be ABLE to conceive a Static. That’s quite a jump. In fact, it’s the goal of many schools of enlightenment, to achieve an awareness of “essence”, that cognition of the individual’s actual beingness as source, the creator of space, the maker of energy particles. The distinction of the Static from all that “something” that is everything else. It’s a jump that a whole bunch of people don’t make, even miss altogether. Such is the Tao.

I was studying a tape the other day, Clearing: Possibilities, from 9 June 59 and part of the 6th London Advanced Clinical Course. LRH is going over cases and awareness levels. He’s discussing the subject of “valences” and describing some of the phenomena related to these assumed beingnesses. A person will take on the personality of something he thinks is the best method of surviving. On the other hand, if the person is surviving, then they seem to be in the best method. After all, they’re surviving aren’t they?

For somebody who thinks they live one life, then they have one mode of surviving, that body, its composite personality, the memories of their life adding up to “who they are”.

Here’s a quote from this lecture:

“Now, let’s simplify this whole thing. We can talk all we want to about the philosophic questions that Man faces and all we find out is that Man doesn’t know that he faces these philosophic questions. He speculates on them very poorly and he does not envision a beingness, ordinarily, which lies outside the beingnesses which he readily observes. He readily observes these beingnesses, he says there are no other beingnesses. Some fine day another beingness jumps up and eats him up, skin and bones and hymn-book too. And he says, “Where did that come from?” He had it all taped.”

Scientology is unreal to Lawrence Wright. That’s why he can’t describe it, write about it or comment on it in any meaningful way. He cannot conceive a Static. Lacking this level of awareness, this cognition or degree of understanding, the subject eludes his grasp.

He can write about the beingnesses he readily observes – his idea of what a person is, what it means to be a regular ol’ human bean. He can opine that this person is “odd”, that person is “normal”, or some other person doesn’t seem to be in agreement with what Lawrence Wright thinks is agreeable or what he considers other “rational, reasonable” people consider is OK. He’s got it all taped.

Falling outside his limited viewpoint, well, one is simply unreal. It’s pretty hard to get around his “now we’re supposed to” think this way about what life is, and what the experience of living consists, especially for Lawrence, because he simply cannot envision some beingness beyond what he thinks beingness is, and so there aren’t any other states of beingness.

He’s got lots of company. (Alex Gibney “didn’t see any holes” in Lawrence’s work.)

Considering this incredibly parochial, narrow, state of existence of these poor fellas, one wonders just who is the prisoner and can feel some pathos for them, bodies unaware that there is any other state of beingness, than bodies.

“Now, when a person has a chewed-up time track and when he himself has been victimizing and being victimized-back and forth, give and take-his own fixations upon valences, his own difficulties and so on have assembled themselves into a personality package than which there is no other. You see? Because it’s totally made up out of attention fixation, he really hasn’t a chance of recognizing-not a chance of recognizing-that there could be any other state of beingness.

Two-dimensional worms really don’t get other dimensions. They seem to be prisoners of their own belief there just can’t be anything else than what they think they are, a “two -dimensional worm” holding on with white knuckles to that beingness.

Alas, conceiving a Static can be a heavy process, and isn’t recommended for any cases having any real difficulty (Creation of Human Ability R2-40). Gradient scale approaches are indicated as lots of beings are at pretty low levels of awareness that are completely unaware of anything above.

There are those that can reach to the level of cognition that includes the ability to conceive a Static. Those beings can go Clear, they can achieve OT. They can grasp their own postulates and considerations that led them to the state they are in.

TRANSLATION: Jim Logan cannot study. He has a very severe leaning disability, in spite of his incessantly vulgar bragging and condescension. A normal person reading Wright's book finds a wealth of valuable insight about Scientology. But, poor Jim the OT--could find nothing about Scientology in Wright's book

His post is chock full of wall-to-wall SCIENTOLOGY FILTERS that prevent truthful information from moving directly into his mind without first being "sanitized".

Example: Any half-way intelligent person would recognize Lawrence Wright as one of the world's most acclaimed journalists. Yet Logan cannot do that because it might cause an explosion in that delicately balanced Scientology ecosystem in his mind. Let's see how he describes the brilliant writer Lawrence Wright:

"Lawrence Wright is a regular ol’ average human being. He considers he is “Lawrence Wright”, that body, with one life, in that body, living on a lone planet that spontaneously brought about that one life, in that one body, from a sea of ammonia, sometime in the last billion years or so, evolving along until one day, carbon and oxygen and hydrogen and a bunch of chemicals gave rise to his “consciousness” as “Lawrence Wright”. One day that will die and that’s the end. He’s convinced – or at least he’s pretty sure."

All of that frantic filtering and absurd granularization of Wright serves a purpose. It discounts & negates everything Wright is reporting. Because (in the FILTERED Scientological view of life) Wright is not an author with impeccable and unassailable credentials---he is a "regular ol average human being". Wright comes from a sea of ammonia that is a billion years old but he doesn't know it--so you can just forget about whatever he is writing.

This is how Scientologists think.

FILTERS, I tell ya, FILTERS! LOL

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I found Larry Wright to be the most amazing mind. He visited with me quite a few times. I learned how carefully he saw that facts were checked and cross checked. The Book "Going Clear" ended up with a large bunch of fact checkers. Many people who were on the research lists (over 260 Scientologists and former Scientologists) did not compare notes and had no idea what others said and did not even know who would be used to cross check a particular fact. The fact checkers never reveal who they are speaking with and who says what.

I found Larry Wright to be a man of integrity only following down the path of investigation and pulling the strings. He never *Ever* appeared to have an axe to grind ~~ he followed the trail wherever it would lead.

Larry's former best selling book The Looming Tower he wrote prior to Going Clear was on Al Qaeda. He went and more or less lived there on location in the Middle East while researching. The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 won a Pulitzer price and was such brilliant research that the book is used in the US Naval Academy and West Point Academy as study texts for the new generations of military students. (Larry researched the plotting of 9-11 and Al Qaeda culture so much so that the book became a military text book !) I joked with him that he finished researching one CULT (AL Qaeda) and jumped to another Cult ! (Scientology):blush::blush::eyeroll::eyeroll:

KarenLarry_1.jpg

Larry Wright 2011

Karen.Larry.Wright.2012.jpg

CommunicatorIC

What do you expect from a mindfucked twit that hasn't learned much since she quit corporate Scientology? :duh:

"So what has Scientology done for me? Scientology has given me countless wins and helped me to find myself, my own knowingness, my integrity, my abilities and my games. And it has given me the courage to stand up and make standard Scientology available to others, outside the C of S, in safe places, with trusted technical terminals and with LRH’s exact tech. And the value of that is priceless. Thanks LRH."
- Lana M.

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/what-has-scn-done-for-me
To be fair, the Milestone Two article was:
Posted by Lana M.
February 1, 2015

by Jim Logan
It was written by Jim Logan though, yes, Lana chose to post it.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does Milestone Two allow critical comments? If so, I've got half a mind to go over there and make one (fools rush in and all that).

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I found Larry Wright to be the most amazing mind. He visited with me quite a few times. I learned how carefully he saw that facts were checked and cross checked. The Book "Going Clear" ended up with a large bunch of fact checkers. Many people who were on the research lists (over 260 Scientologists and former Scientologists) did not compare notes and had no idea what others said and did not even know who would be used to cross check a particular fact. The fact checkers never reveal who they are speaking with and who says what.

When I interviewed with Lawrence in Santa Monica (with Graham Berry), he showed me his marked up notebook of a multitude of sources he planned to contact, whom he had spoken with, and he kept a written record of how often, when & where, Karin Pouw & Tommy Davis refused his requests for an interview.

He told me he had 247 people to contact after he had spoken to me. The man's attention to detail was mind-boggling. I guess that's why he is such a prolific writer.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to be clear; Larry Wright and I would probably disagree on quite a few things to do with Scn (I seem to be more pro-Tech than he is, for example), but I don't feel that thread does him justice and someone should tell them so.

I'm sure there are people here better qualified to do it than I am though.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Does Milestone Two allow critical comments? If so, I've got half a mind to go over there and make one (fools rush in and all that).

No, not even a comment that has the faintest whiff of being critical. Their fragile minds and beliefs can not withstand even the tiniest bit of questioning or criticism. You have to be vetted to even post a comment there, which is why the same five people are all the comments you ever see in make believe LRH world that is Milestone 2.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

In other words, he’d have to attain somewhat on the way to a state of beingness where he would be ABLE to conceive a Static.

Wut?

:confused2:

:unsure:

EDIT: Seriously, what does it mean. :p

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
From Jim Logan quote:

Considering this incredibly parochial, narrow, state of existence of these poor fellas, one wonders just who is the prisoner

:hysterical: I'm pretty sure it's obvious to everyone except Jim Logan who has the incredibly parochial, narrow state of existence and who is the prisoner of his beliefs. :duh:

If he weren't such an ignorant, narrow-minded, self-righteous, pompous ass, I might feel sorry for him, but ... no. Pompous asses loudly braying their stupidity aren't worth my sympathies.

polls_jackass_1632_232954_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg