What's new

long time out

mightymouse

I came across this website because an old preclear of mine (in the 1970s!) happened to write my old name in one of his threads and I was checking google to see if the book I wrote in 69 had ever got onto the net. It hadn't but instead I found all these brave people who have experienced different ways of getting out of that weird ronesque fantasy. My mind is boggled simply at grasping that it is still going on!!!! He dreamed up this amazing way of creating a fortune and a free labour force 58 years ago. How come he hasn't been rumbled before now? We who, for our own unique reasons, walked into his dream and gave him our minds, our energy, our hearts, have tasted different decades of it yet all have walked in the same jungle. So although many of you talk in a new generation Y tongue, I do understand your plights and your achievements in surviving.
In particular I feel for the children of SO members since my own daughter was one. Thankfully she has created herself a happy career, marriage and family. But it was a near thing. She told me that there was a night when at 18 yrs old, alone in a dark London room, with me the other side of the planet and people around her not able to speak the Cof S language which had been hers since 7 years old, she saw three choices. a. to join the drug addicts around her b. to commit suicide or c. to find a job with her telex room typing skills and a clean place to live. Maybe it was the old 'make it go right' ethos that helped her climb out of that hole. She wound up with a degree and a good job in HR which she said was a bit like Qual. Anyway her favourite word for many years was the word 'Normal'. It probably still is, 25 years later.
For myself I'm a sort of one person Qual in a little town in the mountains of Australia. People come and tell me their life stories and we work out problems or celebrate special dates together and I'm on lots of committees. It is so great to work without fear and two o'clock THursday can pass by unnoticed! I feel closely bonded to my old SCN mates of long ago. We meet up when I visit England. We don't talk that old language but we've all had careers in the helping areas of community since we got out.
If anyone wants to ask me what were my most successful actions in freeing myself from 10 years of that grueling experience I will be happy to answer you.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
I came across this website because an old preclear of mine (in the 1970s!) happened to write my old name in one of his threads and I was checking google to see if the book I wrote in 69 had ever got onto the net. It hadn't but instead I found all these brave people who have experienced different ways of getting out of that weird ronesque fantasy. My mind is boggled simply at grasping that it is still going on!!!! He dreamed up this amazing way of creating a fortune and a free labour force 58 years ago. How come he hasn't been rumbled before now? We who, for our own unique reasons, walked into his dream and gave him our minds, our energy, our hearts, have tasted different decades of it yet all have walked in the same jungle. So although many of you talk in a new generation Y tongue, I do understand your plights and your achievements in surviving.
In particular I feel for the children of SO members since my own daughter was one. Thankfully she has created herself a happy career, marriage and family. But it was a near thing. She told me that there was a night when at 18 yrs old, alone in a dark London room, with me the other side of the planet and people around her not able to speak the Cof S language which had been hers since 7 years old, she saw three choices. a. to join the drug addicts around her b. to commit suicide or c. to find a job with her telex room typing skills and a clean place to live. Maybe it was the old 'make it go right' ethos that helped her climb out of that hole. She wound up with a degree and a good job in HR which she said was a bit like Qual. Anyway her favourite word for many years was the word 'Normal'. It probably still is, 25 years later.
For myself I'm a sort of one person Qual in a little town in the mountains of Australia. People come and tell me their life stories and we work out problems or celebrate special dates together and I'm on lots of committees. It is so great to work without fear and two o'clock THursday can pass by unnoticed! I feel closely bonded to my old SCN mates of long ago. We meet up when I visit England. We don't talk that old language but we've all had careers in the helping areas of community since we got out.
If anyone wants to ask me what were my most successful actions in freeing myself from 10 years of that grueling experience I will be happy to answer you.

Hi MM. That is such a wonderul and complete story told in so few words. Thank you for letting us all know. The founder of this board lives in Melbourne, and she has promised a free car to everyone living in Australia who contacts her. Her name is Emma, you can look her up.
Thank you for the inspirational story!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Hey Mightmouse, another Aussie! :happydance:
Oh and don't believe Nexus.
If you were one of the Aussies at Saint Hill 69-77 I may know you. Welcome to ESMB.

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi MM. That is such a wonderul and complete story told in so few words. Thank you for letting us all know. The founder of this board lives in Melbourne, and she has promised a free car to everyone living in Australia who contacts her. Her name is Emma, you can look her up.
Thank you for the inspirational story!

A free car. That's great. Now all I have to do is take out a loan so I can afford some petrol.

Welcome to the board MM. I entered (and exited) the cult a lot more recently than you. They had promised me a new car, and I fell for it :p

:)