What's new

LRH Insane

tiptoethrutheminefield

Patron with Honors
Lazy, conscienceless conman

Enough said.

Better we spend our time working out how WE got into the position of kissing this guy's u-know-what. THAT'S fascinating. New thread?

cayce-case-um

Patron with Honors
I was thinking today about LRH. You know... he was just an ordinary being just like any of us. Anyway, it occured to me... what if LRH found the true meaning of life... he answered his original questions about life and because of the answers he went crazy.

Does that sound like a good explaination about LRH and the dust particles he was paranoid about? I really feel sorry that he had to go through that, and DM or some of the members of the board probably killed him off to end it quicker. Why else would LRH try and take psychiatric medications. That doesn't make sense unless DM and the people who would take control after LRH's passing drugged him and got him to die quicker.

Just a thought. :) Any ideas?

-Steve

The preponderance of evidence (from Hubbard and others) is that he was mentally ill before, during, and after Scn. From many sources, you can learn of crimes of Hubbard and behavior inconsistent with what we could consider enlightened or great by any standard.

That doesn't mean that everything he posited was false or wrong. He pirated a number of good ideas and innovated others. His biggest wrongdoing in my opinion was to make Scn a "church." Since religion is a matter of faith, doing this removed Scn from any requirements of science and proof. If the tech does work, its workability could have been proven, and it would have gradually gained more and more support and currency. But as a religion, it becomes a major yawn, a matter of faith, and is denigrated into a debate of "it works!" and nuh-ah!"

Overall, I think it is much more likely that Hubbard was just a human with a mix of greatness and madness than someone who saw to the bare truth of the universe. After all, if OT VIII were real (full cause over MEST) then Hubbard could cinch the argument once and for all by simultaneously appearning for a day before TV cameras at every mission and org on Earth. That would prove Scn works and the clearing of Earth could proceed apace. How _unethical_ not to do that since it would be the greatest good for the greatest number and for Scn itself.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
The preponderance of evidence (from Hubbard and others) is that he was mentally ill before, during, and after Scn. From many sources, you can learn of crimes of Hubbard and behavior inconsistent with what we could consider enlightened or great by any standard.

That doesn't mean that everything he posited was false or wrong. He pirated a number of good ideas and innovated others. His biggest wrongdoing in my opinion was to make Scn a "church." Since religion is a matter of faith, doing this removed Scn from any requirements of science and proof. If the tech does work, its workability could have been proven, and it would have gradually gained more and more support and currency. But as a religion, it becomes a major yawn, a matter of faith, and is denigrated into a debate of "it works!" and nuh-ah!"

Overall, I think it is much more likely that Hubbard was just a human with a mix of greatness and madness than someone who saw to the bare truth of the universe. After all, if OT VIII were real (full cause over MEST) then Hubbard could cinch the argument once and for all by simultaneously appearning for a day before TV cameras at every mission and org on Earth. That would prove Scn works and the clearing of Earth could proceed apace. How _unethical_ not to do that since it would be the greatest good for the greatest number and for Scn itself.

YUP!!