What's new

No fish frying, so sayeth the button.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
When I was at CLO EUS they got some of these buttons. Not sure if they distributed them to the Org or if it was just for us to wear. I scooped up a few of them.

Attachments

• nofish2fry002.jpg
    nofish2fry002.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 150

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
When I was at CLO EUS they got some of these buttons. Not sure if they distributed them to the Org or if it was just for us to wear. I scooped up a few of them.

Oh how I hated being sent to the CLO....you guy's were pricks...lol.
I was only sent twice.
Was sent to some other sea org stuff....
It was never any fun.
What were you guy's trying to create down there anyway?

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course, I wrote a parody sometime back regarding that exact phrase, "other fish to fry." I will repost it here for everyone's enjoyment.

Pete

Other Fish To Fry
(tune of Judy’s Turn To Cry by Leslie Gore)

Yes, I’ve got other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry.
Since I’ve been declared espee!

I went to an ideal org fundraising party,
A redge saw my oatee ring.
He talked me into maxing my cards out,
Now that was a foolish thing!

Now I’ve got other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry.

They ordered me to some IAS event,
A real shillebrity scene.
But when they found out I was bankrupt,
They all treated me so mean.

Other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry.

(Instrumental)

I went on ESMB and the Clambake,
And saw C-of-$ as a lie,
I got a lawyer and sued ‘em,
Now I’m declared and that’s why!

Other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry.

Yeah, I’ve got other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry,
Other fish to fry…

(Fade Out)

And here's a youtube of the original to sing along with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTS_fbKLLA

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ah CLO EUS...

I remember having to sleep in a room that had sheets of water running down the entire width of a 30 foot wall from the defective plumbing on the SO berthing floors above...

Yuck, what a pit that was.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
What's amazing is that we somehow were convinced that 'having other fish to fry' was an overt of some sort. I never word cleared the idiom until now :eyeroll:

"What does "other fish to fry" mean?

Also, better or bigger fish to fry. More important matters to attend to, as in They asked me to help with the decorations, but I have other fish to fry. [Mid-1500s]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved. "
http://idioms.yourdictionary.com/other-fish-to-fry

have bigger fish to fry and have other fish to fry; have more important fish to fry
Fig. to have other things to do; to have more important things to do. I can't take time for your problem. I have other fish to fry. I won't waste time on your question. I have bigger fish to fry.
See also: big, fish, fry, have

McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

have bigger/other fish to fry
to have something more important or more interesting to do I couldn't waste my time trying to reach an agreement with them, I had other fish to fry.
See also: big, fish, fry, have

Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/have+other+fish+to+fry

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I bet a bunch of fish fried after I left and their computer system failed on them.

RPFIsh fry I figured.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
You know, that makes me wonder a bit. I actually don't remember eating any fish at all when I was in.
Not even tuna fish. Perhaps LRH had a problem with the Friday fish thing and decided no fish for din din.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Ah CLO EUS...

I remember having to sleep in a room that had sheets of water running down the entire width of a 30 foot wall from the defective plumbing on the SO berthing floors above...

Yuck, what a pit that was.

They shoulda just gone ahead and called it slavery.

I went to the CLO EUS a couple of times.

I never was sent there, I just went to complain.

They wanted to get rid of me and sent me back to my org the same day all three times.

The Anabaptist Jacques

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
What's amazing is that we somehow were convinced that 'having other fish to fry' was an overt of some sort. I never word cleared the idiom until now :eyeroll:

"What does "other fish to fry" mean?

<Snip>

The term, in SO parlance, means being “dilatant” or “other determined”. IIRC, it was first used by El Ron in the early ‘80’s.

An Eval had just been done that found the “Why” for down stat Orgs in the US to be the fact that many of the ED’s were “moonlighting” to cover living expenses. El Ron scathingly said these Folks, the “Who’s” for the down stats, had “other fish to fry” and should be removed. From this Eval and El Ron “advices” a "Top Secret" Program, code named “Oscar”, was implemented to bring selected staff from the “Oscar” Orgs to Flag to ostensibly train them to help the ED with more competent Execs, and all the while clandestinely train them, brief them and then, in one fell swoop, replace overnight without Comm Ev or recourse all the “Oscar” Ed’s. Virtually all of the "Oscar ED's" were Flag trained OEC/FEBC's with a past history of Highest Ever Stats for their respective Orgs. Decades of experience was trashed and thrown under the bus when these proven, productive and high caliber Execs were removed.

The Eval, of course, was a Wrong Why and some very talented ED’s were cast aside resulting in many of the “Oscar Orgs” to crash even further when the new ED’s fell on their heads.

The result was that the Flag Bureaux was then targeted as the “Real Why” and “Actual Who’s”.

Face :)

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Priceless.

El Ron, the who of who's. He who had the most other fish to fry. His royal fryness who's doover, el ron pooper.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Priceless.

El Ron, the who of who's. He who had the most other fish to fry. His royal fryness who's doover, el ron pooper.

Yep. :thumbsup:

AFAIK, Some of these Orgs have never recovered and are smaller than their pre "Oscar" days 30 years ago. The Real Why was that the consolidation of power in the CMO Children of the Corn by El Ron, their incompetence and lack of experience and Hisself's incessant, compulsive need to issue streams of “Advices” to be immediately implemented with monotone importance was raking havoc in the Orgs.

The overall "Plan" for the "Oscar" Eval was to find the "corrupt and distracting influences in the Orgs" and “terminatedly handle” “Them”. There was a corresponding "Program" for the GO code named "Gertrude".

[Edit] I said "early '80's" in my previous post but, in retrospect as I think about it, it was Circa latter '78-early '79 when the "Eval was done and '79-'80 when the "Oscar" and "Gertrude" Programs were implemented.

[Edit] This Eval and the Programs were also the genus of WISE.

Face:)

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
The term, in SO parlance, means being “dilatant” or “other determined”. IIRC, it was first used by El Ron in the early ‘80’s.

An Eval had just been done that found the “Why” for down stat Orgs in the US to be the fact that many of the ED’s were “moonlighting” to cover living expenses. El Ron scathingly said these Folks, the “Who’s” for the down stats, had “other fish to fry” and should be removed. From this Eval and El Ron “advices” a "Top Secret" Program, code named “Oscar”, was implemented to bring selected staff from the “Oscar” Orgs to Flag to ostensibly train them to help the ED with more competent Execs, and all the while clandestinely train them, brief them and then, in one fell swoop, replace overnight without Comm Ev or recourse all the “Oscar” Ed’s. Virtually all of the "Oscar ED's" were Flag trained OEC/FEBC's with a past history of Highest Ever Stats for their respective Orgs. Decades of experience was trashed and thrown under the bus when these proven, productive and high caliber Execs were removed.

The Eval, of course, was a Wrong Why and some very talented ED’s were cast aside resulting in many of the “Oscar Orgs” to crash even further when the new ED’s fell on their heads.

The result was that the Flag Bureaux was then targeted as the “Real Why” and “Actual Who’s”.

I knew about the scn definition. Just never knew the real definition. Facinating background on how it came to be. Not only was the Eval a 'Wrong Why' but someone had a MU on this idiom. Sounds like it was Hubbard :) He gave it an opposite definition than the real meaning. Had any of us word cleared it in a regular dictionary or reference, we would have been told to disregard the 'wog' definition and use Hubbard's instead.

Gib

Crusader

So much for the "tech" working 100%. Sounds like the only real thing was that real people with natural talent made it go right and not at all the tech. Am I wrong?

Div6

Crusader
Yep. :thumbsup:

AFAIK, Some of these Orgs have never recovered and are smaller than their pre "Oscar" days 30 years ago. The Real Why was that the consolidation of power in the CMO Children of the Corn by El Ron, their incompetence and lack of experience and Hisself's incessant, compulsive need to issue streams of “Advices” to be immediately implemented with monotone importance was raking havoc in the Orgs.

The overall "Plan" for the "Oscar" Eval was to find the "corrupt and distracting influences in the Orgs" and “terminatedly handle” “Them”. There was a corresponding "Program" for the GO code named "Gertrude".

[Edit] I said "early '80's" in my previous post but, in retrospect as I think about it, it was Circa latter '78-early '79 when the "Eval was done and '79-'80 when the "Oscar" and "Gertrude" Programs were implemented.

[Edit] This Eval and the Programs were also the genus of WISE.

Face:)

And the missionaires prolly got "Oscars" for the "Best performance in a minion role" of a day off. (In my day, the CLO dudes used to love to fire out on missions to orgs, coz they could eat real food at a real restaurant, and charge it to the org.

But what is this "Gertrude" of which you speak?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
oh god every time I see that expression all I can think about is Guillame Lesevre saying it in one of his speeches/talks/videos.

I think he must have said that phrase at least once every single time I heard him open his mouth.

In that super heavy French accent.

ooo-there feeesh too fry-ee

:laugh:

guanoloco

As-Wased
What I like is that the tech of Scientology, for the first time in 75 million years, makes it possible for a person to finally experience the freedom of being themselves as an individual separated from the MEST composite and to the last man that individuality is expressed by parroting such Hubbard phrases as "other fish to fry" - is that stupid?