What's new

Ronnie Miscavige

Div6

Crusader
Vinaire, does anyone truly know what basic-basic is? The incident that is, not the concept. :) Is it the same type of incident for everyone?

Does anyone consider that they have run out basic-basic?

EVERYTHING is too late on the chain...:D

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Alanzo

Quote: Wow - JohnAnchovie!! Me????

I don't know what to say.
Except: "I'd like to thank the Academy...."

Fer chrissakes don't thank the Academy.

Last tiime we talked was on beliefe net, they kicked me out as I was just a little too perspicuous in my views on the corporation.

JohnAnchovie

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Quote: Wow - JohnAnchovie!! Me????

I don't know what to say.
Except: "I'd like to thank the Academy...."

Fer chrissakes don't thank the Academy.

Last tiime we talked was on beliefe net, they kicked me out as I was just a little too perspicuous in my views on the corporation.

JohnAnchovie
Oh.

So you're from Beliefnet?

I was never there. That was somebody else.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you all for filling me in on Ronnie, I worked with him on and off in CMU Int and other places for years, this is a good man, a kind, intellegent and honest person, I wish him the all the best, he deserves it.

I think that we must be careful to make a very clear distinction between what I call 'The Corporation - i.e. Scn corporate - and the people themselves, you will find that once they are out of the insanity of that world, that they tend to be very genuine people, though I don't count DM in with this, he has gone way beyond the pale.

I am one who got out after twenty years, and I hope that I am a good and genuine person now.

P.S. Thanks Alanzo, you encouraged the thought process that led to my escape, and this the best damb year I have had since joining the SO in 1985.

JohnAnchovie

Welcome to the board! :happydance:

I think that Scn staff for the most part are not only very genuine people after they get out, they were that way before they got in, indeed it is almost a prerequisite for getting in. Greedy, selfish people don't usually dedicate their lives to the service of others....funny thing, that.

I am glad to hear you are out and doing well. It is an interesting common R, isn't it?

Regards,

Kookaburra

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I think that Scn staff for the most part are not only very genuine people after they get out, they were that way before they got in, indeed it is almost a prerequisite for getting in. Greedy, selfish people don't usually dedicate their lives to the service of others....funny thing, that.

:goodposting:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I've noticed the same thing. Nasty people make nasty Scn'ists.Nice people generally are pretty decent as Scn'ists, with some exceptions-- but then again, decent people have the potential to be mean and bad, etc. We all have negative traits.

I read a very cool book- a thriller written before 9/11- and it was a novel about these people on a jet who get hijacked by terrorists. Anyway, what struck me is that there were passengers who turned on each other, sucked up to the terrorists and were very quick to try to "get" other passengers. Then, later, when they were rescued, those particular people were self aggrandizing in press interviews.

I believe that there are more people like that around than one might think and that this is a common phenom in CofS.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I've noticed the same thing. Nasty people make nasty Scn'ists.Nice people generally are pretty decent as Scn'ists, with some exceptions-- but then again, decent people have the potential to be mean and bad, etc. We all have negative traits.

I read a very cool book- a thriller written before 9/11- and it was a novel about these people on a jet who get hijacked by terrorists. Anyway, what struck me is that there were passengers who turned on each other, sucked up to the terrorists and were very quick to try to "get" other passengers. Then, later, when they were rescued, those particular people were self aggrandizing in press interviews.

I believe that there are more people like that around than one might think and that this is a common phenom in CofS.

Fluffy -

Are you familiar with the ideas and concepts which come from the Stanford Prison Experiment?

The data that comes from this and other experiments tends to contradict what you say, specifically your long-standing conclusion that ..."Nasty people make nasty Scn'ists. Nice people generally are pretty decent as Scn'ists..."

From the conclusion in this article:

"In psychology, the results of the experiment are said to support situational attributions of behavior rather than dispositional attribution. In other words, it seemed the situation caused the participants' behavior, rather than anything inherent in their individual personalities. In this way, it is compatible with the results of the also-famous Milgram experiment, in which ordinary people fulfilled orders to administer what appeared to be damaging electric shocks to a confederate of the experimenter."

I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on these ideas and concepts?

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am one who got out after twenty years, and I hope that I am a good and genuine person now.

JohnAnchovie

Hi John and welcome!

I (as many of us) know that feeling. (I'm working on that good and genuine part.)

I'm recent arrival myself, after almost 20 years in the "system."

On this MB, you are like at home! (Especially if you are at home)

Victor

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thaks Fluffy, Koockabara, Vic et al for your warm welcome... Oh and Alanzo, who I never met on bnet. - his twin brother over there was pretty cool tho'.

This effort to connect up with others is I suppose is a stage in the recovery from oppressive/manipulative cult phenomena, I began doing this firstly with Mick W's exso site and it realy is quite an emotional experience. Even though I am out for just over a year, I am making a considerale effort to come to terms with what I was involved with, the disillusionment, the rage and the despair at being so conned, I suppose each and all of you have gone through this to both greater and lesser degrees.

You seem like a really good bunch of people, well informed, intellegent and willing to have a laugh as well as deal with fairly heavy issues. It is good be here with you.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron

I agree with you Fluffy on this 100%, I couldn't have said it better.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
So, we find that Ronnie Miscavage has been out for 8 about years. And his daughter is now speaking out.

Do you think Ronnie might speak out, too?

Do you think he feels any responsibility to do so?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hey!!! I GOT AN IDEA!!!!

You know how, after course, we used to write letters to students who were blown?

Well, let's all write Ronnie and get him to show up for the ESMB and get him back moving on the ESMB Bridge to Total Status!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Leave him alone

Hey!!! I GOT AN IDEA!!!!

You know how, after course, we used to write letters to students who were blown?

Well, let's all write Ronnie and get him to show up for the ESMB and get him back moving on the ESMB Bridge to Total Status!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Just leave Ronnie alone for fecks sake, he is a good man, and he has an awful lot to deal with.

We are all here because we want to be, we are are dealing with issues because we want to, we have no right to dictate the recovery process of anyone unless it is adversly effecting our own; i.e. people trying to 'disseminate' Scn tech to people who really don't want it.

What would be good would be to invite Davy over here, I would love to bug him with emails and letters... maybe send him his own personal anonymous video clip :D

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Just leave Ronnie alone for fecks sake, he is a good man, and he has an awful lot to deal with.

We are all here because we want to be, we are are dealing with issues because we want to, we have no right to dictate the recovery process of anyone unless it is adversly effecting our own; i.e. people trying to 'disseminate' Scn tech to people who really don't want it.

Party Pooper.