What's new

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes prepare to separate, claim

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From Australian Herald Sun

UNABLE to cope with the pressure of her marriage to Tom Cruise, it is being reported in the US that Katie Holmes is seeking a trial separation from her husband.

The former Dawsons Creek actress is said to be crushed by the weight of her marriage to the Top Gun star, and plans to take their daughter, Suri, with her to New York City, reports Star magazine.

But Cruise is reportedly against her plans.

The news of a trial separation comes after reports in the UK's Daily Mail stated that Cruise wanted Holmes to stay away from one of her few gal pals in Hollywood - Victoria Beckham, because the negative effect their friendship was having on his wife's attitude to her own body.

Star magazine also claims that Holmes, 29, is trying to break away from her controlled life under the watchful eyes of her husband and move to Manhattan in what will be a sort of trial separation.

A source told the publication: "She desperately needs to be on her own for a while, but there's no way Tom is going to let her take Suri away."

"There's no way he'll allow it.

"He just doesn't want Katie or Suri out of his sight for long.

"He told her that if she goes to New York, fine, but he goes with her."

It is understood the couple's tug of war over their daughter has intensified.

The news of a separation comes as TV star Jason Beghe who is reportedly friends with Cruise, has slammed the Church of Scientology in a rant released on YouTube.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23553344-5012974,00.html

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Cruise is pts to Katie

By now the big wigs in scientology are DESPERATE to find the "SP" on Cruise's case that is responsible for his career taking it's long-running dive into him becoming a laughingstock and nationwide subject of ridicule.

I'm guessing that first Cruise, and now Katie, are in pts handling session after session after session to find out WHY Cruise's career stats are down, down, down ever since he "hooked up" with Katie. Coincidence of events would eventually lead to Katie (or someone close to her) as the WHY of Cruise's PTSness.

(It couldn't be Cruise's "fault" because he's the good guy, the white hat, you know how it goes...)

So first she's disconnected from the entire world (all those SP influences that were hanging around her before they got together) -- but things got worse, not better. Now she's looking wan and having fainting spells and stuff, as though she's under tremendous pressure.

Whaddaya wanna bet she's in "handlings" that are, more and more, pointed at HER as actual SP! Katie dear, what are your crimes!!!

He'll disconnect, she'll be blamed for all Cruise's current troubles. And since "the tech" never fails, Cruise's career will make a miraculous recovery. Yeah, right.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That would be real tough re Suri. I wonder if the pre-nup agreement covered child custody arrangements in any detail.

Of course, the ideal solution would be for TC to see the light and dump the CofS too, then everybody wins. :)

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
At this point we can't know if this media is true, but judging simply by some of the photos of them, I would say it's a real possibility. The articles on TC disapproving of Posh as responsible for the changes in Katie are pretty plainly "PTS handlings".

If it's the right thing for her, I hope she gains strength from Jason's exit and can do the same.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cruise's career is just fine. I doubt there are many more stars in Hollywood that have made as much or more money, and he's also been lucky enough to have a lot of great scripts, and therefore made a number of wonderful movies (of course taste differs, but people who didn't like Vanilla Sky really surprise me).

People hate him personally, I understand, for comments he's made and for his support of the Church of Scientology, but I don't really get why this hatred blinds people to the actual facts: he's a very, very successful actor, and a moderately successful director. I'm glad if Katie leaves the Church, for her sake and her child's, but I don't wish her and Tom any unhappiness.

My own bet is that regardless of what happens with Katie and Suri, Tom will continue to make blockbuster movies.

DartSmohen

At this point we can't know if this media is true, but judging simply by some of the photos of them, I would say it's a real possibility. The articles on TC disapproving of Posh as responsible for the changes in Katie are pretty plainly "PTS handlings".

If it's the right thing for her, I hope she gains strength from Jason's exit and can do the same.

I wonder if the Scilons are building a replacement wife for TC to woo, once Katie collects on her prenuptual settlement.
:whistling: :whistling: :yes: :yes: :eyeroll:

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Kevin, assuming you meant Producer rather than Director, his credits in this area are usually in conjunction with his producing partner, Ms. Wagner, whose husband is a big dog at the talent agency. Wondering how much of that producing success was his skill and how much was Jane's, along with her husband's connections?

Otherwise, wtf has he directed?

Div6

Crusader
By now the big wigs in scientology are DESPERATE to find the "SP" on Cruise's case that is responsible for his career taking it's long-running dive into him becoming a laughingstock and nationwide subject of ridicule.

I'm guessing that first Cruise, and now Katie, are in pts handling session after session after session to find out WHY Cruise's career stats are down, down, down ever since he "hooked up" with Katie. Coincidence of events would eventually lead to Katie (or someone close to her) as the WHY of Cruise's PTSness.

(It couldn't be Cruise's "fault" because he's the good guy, the white hat, you know how it goes...)

So first she's disconnected from the entire world (all those SP influences that were hanging around her before they got together) -- but things got worse, not better. Now she's looking wan and having fainting spells and stuff, as though she's under tremendous pressure.

Whaddaya wanna bet she's in "handlings" that are, more and more, pointed at HER as actual SP! Katie dear, what are your crimes!!!

He'll disconnect, she'll be blamed for all Cruise's current troubles. And since "the tech" never fails, Cruise's career will make a miraculous recovery. Yeah, right.

It's obvious to the world that DM is the SP on his case. But that item is "not accepted" as an item as "you can't be PTS to people of good intentions".

Too bad.

Dis-connecting from the CORRECT SP could save their marriage.....

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oops, you're right. I meant produced. And, again, I said he was mediocre at this part. He's a better actor, or perhaps better "leading man". Women used to fall over themselves about him. He's older now. I don't know if he continues to have that effect. I liked him in "A Few Good Men", and I really liked him in "Vanilla Sky". Of course, I liked him back in the days of "Risky Business". I didn't like Top Gun, but that was more the subject matter than the acting. I don't consider him the best actor around, but he carries whatever role he's given. I thought he was wonderful in the vampyre movie. Pitt was better. Pitt is a better actor in general, though.

Sumner Redstone fired TC from Paramount because of TC's bad publicity for the movie Mi3. Being fired from the studio, where you've worked for decades, by one of the more powerful figures in Hollywood, is not something that you want on your resume.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, he's hit the skids, recently, but Travolta did the same thing, and is now "back". Tom may or may not ever come "back", but regardless, he's made of money. I doubt he's too worried about it.

GreyLensman

a moron...

I loved Tom Cruise in "Risky Business", I loved "Top Gun" but mostly because Val Kilmer was in it (anyone remember "Real Genius"). The Mission:Impossible movies have been pretty damn good.

Vanilla SKy is one of the best movies ever.

But I didn't care for Tom Cruise as a person after he left Nicole Kidman - what f**king idiot leaves Nicole Kidman? This guy obviously has serious issues determining what he should have in life. I mean, what a moron...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How many exwives would you need to file a class action suit against TC? :whistling:

It sounds like one of those "How many Scientologists does it take to screw in a light-bulb?" jokes.

Let's see....

How many ex-wives would it take to screw....

Paul

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
I can imagine what Katie is going through - Scientology marriage counciling. And you know what that means; pulling overts and withholds. She gets dragged down to the a session room, holds the cans and has an auditor ask her what overts and withholds she has on Tom. Of course, everyone assumes that they exist- of course, Katie doesn't have any and wonders why no one understands how she is suffocating.

My prediction is Katie will start to think, "What kind of thought control bullshit is this?" :unsure: Could Katie Holmes be the next Jason Beghe?

Tom