What's new

I'm done

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Emma said:

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that I have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

This refers to some other venues where there were some fucked up things said about Emma. I'm torn. I'd like to give the names of the venues but Emma did not do so in her post. That makes me think she doesn't necessarily want to name those. If she doesn't, then I'm not going to.

Emma, would you object to my posting that info here?

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good luck to you, Emma! Thanks for all that you have done to raise people's awareness of the cult and for providing this board in the first place. Anyone who can't see the good in you is a fool.

Sindy

Crusader
First of all, thank you for absolutely everything Emma. You have probably helped more people get out of the clutches of Scientology than almost anyone else.

You are very, very loved even by all the people you think are your enemies. They are not.

It appears to me that there are some people who truly felt misunderstood or not listened to and it seems a bit complex and I care not to get into the middle of it and have always said as much and I would not allow my affinity for you to be broken.

In truth, in spite of whatever bad things you saw said about you, there were lots, and lots of good things said about you even amongst those who have had personality conflicts.

Personally, I always just observed it as a whole lot of love gone south and I just listened.

I know you don't care, really, but no one is really your enemy.

I understand you not wanting to do this anymore. I feel the same. So, along with you, I am done.

Love to you. :heartflower:

Sindy

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good luck to you, Emma! Thanks for all that you have done to raise people's awareness of the cult and for providing this board in the first place. Anyone who can't see the good in you is a fool.
Thank you, Emma, for all you have done; in particular for allowing me a outlet for the things I've wanted to say.

While on some level saddened by your decision, I do support it. Taking on the evil church is a big job, and one that will eventually wear anyone down.

Best of luck to you, whatever you do (or don't) with the rest of your life, and remember, we love you always.

:rose:

Helena

TG1

Angelic Poster
First of all, thank you for absolutely everything Emma. You have probably helped more people get out of the clutches of Scientology than almost anyone else.

You are very, very loved even by all the people you think are your enemies. They are not.

It appears to me that there are some people who truly felt misunderstood or not listened to and it seems a bit complex and I care not to get into the middle of it and have always said as much and I would not allow my affinity for you to be broken.

In truth, in spite of whatever bad things you saw said about you, there were lots, and lots of good things said about you even amongst those who have had personality conflicts.

Personally, I always just observed it as a whole lot of love gone south and I just listened.

I know you don't care, really, but no one is really your enemy.

I understand you not wanting to do this anymore. I feel the same. So, along with you, I am done.

Love to you. :heartflower:

Sindy

OK. (As in "Fine!")

Perhaps now those poor little misunderstood delicate creatures in their forties, fifties, sixties, seventies and beyond can grow the fuck up. Mother appears to have left the building.

TG1

ClearEyed

Patron with Honors
I know I've said it before and I probably won't be taken seriously, but I'm done with this.

I'm done with ESMB

I'm done with having Scientology play any part in my life.

I'm done with everything to do with this game.

ESMB is paid for until October 2012 at which time it will cease to exist. If you are an historian please take what you want from the archives before October. I'm prepared to give a copy of the database to a handful of people who can do what they want with it. Those people are Mick Wenlock, Paul Adams, Ray Hill & Ethercat. Those people might be able to salvage something.

I suggest registering at "Reach for The Tipping Point" message board if you want a new board. It is very well run & I have the highest regards for Ethercat. Also I think OCMB is accepting new registrations currently. Glibby, Sponge & RIF do a great job over there and it deserves support too.

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that I have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.

I'm a relative new comer here, although I've lurked off and on for several years. Even after signing up I rarely post. You created a good, safe space for people to vent, learn and grow. I can only imagine how much time it takes to manage. And I can all too well imagine how it can have an emotional toll. Thank you for everything you have done, Emma. Whatever you do with your newly freed-up time, I am sure you will enjoy it immensely, as well you should! I hope that whenever you feel up to it, you will participate in some of the other venues you mentioned.

G

Gottabrain

Oh Michelle. :bigcry:

You've been one of my best friends. Finding this board, finding you, finding the people on it has been precious to me.

I hope you understand how much you mean to me personally and for all the work you've done.

It's a horrible thing when some idiot doesn't understand the magnitude of all you do, all you've done.

You are a shining star, a shining example of a diamond borne from the ashes and fires of hell. You are beautiful.

I am sorry to see you go, but I also believe you deserve every good thing in life and that you have done much, much more than enough. Your kindness and generosity of time, knowledge, compassion, love and friendship have brought us together in a way like no other.

All my love to you, Emma. I wish you the best of everything. :heartflower:

Love ya,

Sheila

(I'll have to clear out my PMs so I can receive some and write you. Sorry I haven't gotten to that yet.)

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emma: I have only been out of the Co$ for 5-6 months now. I want to THANK YOU for having this board here for me to vent! It has helped me tremendously and the most important aspect, is it helped me realize I was not CRAZY and I am not alone. So, thank you girlfriend for your support.

I can understand that you don't want to do this anymore. I did not realize you were getting attacked by others on this board. I am clueless...just focused on attacking the real target - The Church of Scientology, L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavaige. I am sorry to hear that you were attacked.

I appreciate all of your help. You really did help save my sanity when I needed it the most. Bless you and may all of your dreams come true! I wish you the very best with you life and I send you lots of love and care!

THANK YOU EMMA! :heartflower::flowers2::love15::flowers::heartbeat::love8::love11::love2::kiss::console::bighug:

Sindy

Crusader
OK. (As in "Fine!")

Perhaps now those poor little misunderstood delicate creatures in their forties, fifties, sixties, seventies and beyond can grow the fuck up. Mother appears to have left the building.

TG1

Well, now, maybe they can. Now maybe everyone can. Whatever. This is all bullshit.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
OK. (As in "Fine!")

TG1

WHAT SHE SAID.

purple haze

Patron with Honors
I know I've said it before and I probably won't be taken seriously, but I'm done with this.

I'm done with ESMB

I'm done with having Scientology play any part in my life.

I'm done with everything to do with this game.

ESMB is paid for until October 2012 at which time it will cease to exist. If you are an historian please take what you want from the archives before October. I'm prepared to give a copy of the database to a handful of people who can do what they want with it. Those people are Mick Wenlock, Paul Adams, Ray Hill & Ethercat. Those people might be able to salvage something.

I suggest registering at "Reach for The Tipping Point" message board if you want a new board. It is very well run & I have the highest regards for Ethercat. Also I think OCMB is accepting new registrations currently. Glibby, Sponge & RIF do a great job over there and it deserves support too.

I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.

Best wishes for your safe journey, Emma, where ever life takes you. I fully understand what you've written here [grok = from Heinline's Stranger in a Strange Land which was popular in the mid sixties].
I left completely when I moved home to Hawaii in 1977. With the exception on one tiny but powerful communication line [with Alan Walter] I fully disconnected for 28 years until the Internet got me involved and interested once again...
It's the awesome people I'd had experiences with while involved that I missed, that brought my interest back.
Of course you became a large part of it and I want to thank you and congratulate you for a job well done. I don't think anyone could have withstood all the stress, etc, and yet you carried on.
I took a break for the past year and just recently last week started checking in again.
Lovely space you created for us all. Deepest admiration and love to you and your magnificent efforts in spite of all odds.
Bon voyage, my friend.
Aloha,
Candy Swanson
aka Purple Haze

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:fly2:Emma,

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggh! No Esmb? Please tell us this isn't just going to end. You have done a ****fantastic**** job of creating such as safe place for Ex's, critics and anyone else who wants to learn about $cientology,discuss it, share experiences, etc. :thankyou: for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that you have done!! :heartflower::arose:

I **totally** respect your views re moving on....can someone please step up to the plate (Who knows how to do this, and Emma feels safe turning it over to) and pass the baton onto them?

Blessings and hugs...call anytime~! :bighug:

Tory/Magoo
http://www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44

PS: I love this...what Sweetness and Light said:

"It has been my privilege to be a part of this robust community. Thank you, Emma, for permitting me the experience!" (((me too!))

"If you or any of your friends ever need my help in any way, all you have to do is ask." ((Ditto-I'll do the best I can: I love you ALL!))

Last edited:

anonynon

ρατroη
Thanks Emma
for reminding me what a Hero is.

cats-d.jpg

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nooooo!

:bigcry:

Emma, you might feel like you have made enemies everywhere, but I know that you have made far, far more friends. And, I suspect that these enemies aren’t the sort of people you’d want as friends anyway – better to have them out in the open where you know what they are.

I can understand how you feel - I was just thinking today how much of my life I have given over to Scientology and that maybe I should stop giving this crazy cult any more of my time.

I am so very grateful for ESMB – it provided a safe haven for me at a very low point in my life – I honestly don’t know how well I would have survived without this place that you created. When someone writes a history of the demise of the cult (hopefully not too far in the future), ESMB will be seen as one of the major events in the timeline

Mere words can’t really express my gratitude, but I’ll say it anyway.

Thank you for all that you have done for us.

:heartflower:

Axiom142