What's new

Anonymous invited to anti-Co$ event "THIS IS SCIENTOLOGY!" in Hamburg

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From the thread above on enturbulation.org

-------------------

Although I have read possibly everything that was written in the Internet from each speaker; I would like to emphasis that each of the speakers made it very clear why they were there, and what they were doing was a public service at the invitation of Mrs. Ursula Caberta, their presence with many examples explained many more things to me.

The Scientologists in the morning of the event were outside with their police registered event (This is normal under German law). They had their, made by the local printer, signboards which were by some of them also a refuge, all you could see behind the signs was the lower part of the body. There were about ten demonstrators, and half in their 50 - 60's. I didn't recognize anyone only Sabine Weber. They started again in the afternoon and before the event. There flyer was the usual mixture of information and disinformation which reinforced the presence to the public, that no one really knows if Scientology is a scam or not, including the OSA. One mistake they made was to represent a swastika on their flyer. This is strongly forbidden here in Germany, I wonder why the police didn't notice and confiscate it?

Mrs Caberta had invited a Scientology representative to present their point of view, but nobody turned up. Everyone was filtered before entering the hall and there were subsequently only guests that had a genuine interest that came in. At the back of the room were perhaps 8 translators in their individual cubicles, with enough translations receivers for everybody.

The event was very professional, we didn't have enough time for questions and answers as the hall had to be vacated at eight o'clock. The Dutch Anons recorded everything with a professional video camera, this is probably the source for eventual evaluation that would remain after the event. There was someone else there with a camera but he left after a while or he took up place at the back of the hall?

Larry Brenner started everything off with a good speaker presence, and lots of examples. i.e."That Hubbard over the two year period of the "Religious Cloaking" gave the orders personally, the whole time, instructing the new religious use of Scientology". The impression from all the speakers was what they had to say, didn't include the normal Scientology misinformation, their information originated from personal experience, and elaborated all the Scientology mysteries that occur when one mixes opinion and fact together. To me it all seemed credible, it explained a feasible reality, a genuine attempt to distinguish fact from fiction.

Each speaker spoke from their personal and factual experience. They had really no motive, to lie or exaggerate or make a religious attack. Here was a audience, a need to inform oneself, of what Scientology really is, and how or if it fits into the German democracy.

The last speaker, lawyer Graham Berry really closed many of the legal ambiguities. (The differences between American law and German law). i.e. That staff in their business premises have to treated as Volunteers and not employers, while there is no minimun rates of pay, so there is no "Staff Contract" as there are no staff members but instead volunteers.

When you think of it, there is no legal, or religious reason, why former staff members can not speak from their, special and personal experience in Scientology, to an interested and formal audience that have the legal responsibility to accept or reject Scientology in their constitution. One of the good things of a democracy is that it furthers the right to believe in the future choice of one's own religion, i.e. marriage, the right to work, the right to participate.

The problems of Scientology integration in a society, seems to me, is that it requires an originated Scientology Management transparency, of what does it contribute to a country's democracy, and at least a credible argument that Scientology has anything to do with philosophic and religious reason.

I really have to struggle to imagine what has Hubbard found out in his researches of philosophy and religion, something new, that has not already existed for the last 2000 - 3500 years.

I didn't notice any attempt to reduce the freedom of religious opinion, or to attack the management of the church of Scientology, or to attack democratic rights; but I did notice a sincere attempt to create a transparency from personal experience; "What is Scientology and the conditions that one should know before one has something to do with Scientology?". This event I would recommend to television producers and scholars of religions.

A small piece of personal experience saves thousands of hours of reading questionable propaganda.

The event ended with the sudden appearance of many Anons, who posed for photos with the celebrity speakers, including Mrs. Ursula Caberta.

The 4th of September 2008, Hamburg - A day of spiritual equilibrium was achieved!

Thank you to the Town Hamburg for this innovative opportunity, and especially Mrs. Ursula Caberta, the Hamburg police, the BND, Anonymous, and the very generous celebrity speakers for their honesty to inform.

Socrates

A

Art

From the thread above on enturbulation.org

-------------------

I really have to struggle to imagine what has Hubbard found out in his researches of philosophy and religion, something new, that has not already existed for the last 2000 - 3500 years.

Socrates

The above statement is completely uninformed. Like saying "I have to imagine what is new about airplanes that has not existed previously for 2000 -3500 years." Talk straight.

Best,
Art

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The above statement is completely uninformed. Like saying "I have to imagine what is new about airplanes that has not existed previously for 2000 -3500 years." Talk straight.

Best,
Art

If you want to debate that statement you would need to go to the original thread on enturbulation.org in my previous post. It is only copied here.

A

Art

If you want to debate that statement you would need to go to the original thread on enturbulation.org in my previous post. It is only copied here.

Free to shine -

Yes, I saw that. I did not mean to offend you, nor did I mean to attribute that quote to you. I'm sorry if it seemed that way - sloppy posting on my part. I just wanted to clarify that point the quotee stated, not debate it. This is an ex-scn message board, not Enturb.

Just to clarify: Enturb is Enturb, and I would NOT debate anything there that was not related to furthering Anon activities against the CoS. I wouldn't promote Scn on Enturb (suicide). But this is ESMB, and (here) I will point out illogics about outright falsehoods about Scn, here. I wouldn't go to Enturb to do the same thing, I respect Enturb, and I expect respect in return. Whoever made the statement originally, I'd have to ask if the guy had ever read ANY of Scn (or if he was just talking through his hat). That's all, no flap.

Thank you for the news. I've been watching posts about that conference in Germany with enthusiasm, and appreciate all your efforts to keep us informed on ESMB. I'm sorry if I seemed to fault you.

Best,
Art

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril,

I'm sorry but I can't imagine you in the TD. I have never gone there myself after reading about Tory. I think I am wayyyy to thin skinned to deal.

Do you think they gave you a hassle because of your choice of "chapeau". I've always thought it was quite flattering myself...............

Being on COS staff, then spending years promoting the FZ on ARS and
OCMB toughens ones skin up considerably!

I've been unable to obtain an export licence from Emma for the pink chapeau. Perhaps if I had one I wouldn't have been hassled?

outtech

Patron with Honors
From Blown for Good (Marc Headley)
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=342074&sid=53085f2560ce8aac80da3455294717ab#342074

At the symposium on Thursday, Jason Beghe explained that maybe what we need is a black box warning regarding scientology. Just like they have been pushing drug companies to put on their products. If people want to subject themselves to scientology, they should know that there could be dangerous side effects. The entire meeting applauded the idea and it looks like that the Berlin officials ran with it. When the videos get posted watch his speech and you will see.

Just wanted you to know.

Until next time...
BFG

Yeah, that's probably the most amazing and immediate result coming from this conference. I saw it mentioned on enturb that both the Berlin and Hamburg councils are pushing for warning signs to be placed outside the city's orgs and that other European countries could possibly be following suit.

Sure that is not a "random" paid OSA minion?

C of $ tries so hard to portray themselves as victims in their propaganda -- especially the internal P.R.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous.

That's possible, but I have seen the public respond aggressively (verbally) to Scn handlers filming before. In trying to gather info/ intimidate protesters by filming, I think it often comes off as very creepy to members of the public. A couple of months back at a protest I was talking to lady about fair game and pointed out the scn handler filming us to illustrate the point. The woman freaked out saying "Are they coming after me now?!", I said "No, no, it's okay, they're not worried about you, they're only interested in us (protesters)" she replied "this is really scary" and hurriedly walked away looking terrified. If they did this to someone who was a bit of a nutter it wouldn’t surprise me if they lashed out.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Being on COS staff, then spending years promoting the FZ on ARS and
OCMB toughens ones skin up considerably!

I've been unable to obtain an export licence from Emma for the pink chapeau. Perhaps if I had one I wouldn't have been hassled?

If Emma is requiring export licenses for our avatars, who knows what will come next..I am outta here....please send me my routing form Emma.

I am nonetheless very pleased with the seminar in Hamburg, and look forward to the same occurring in other countries soon.:thumbsup:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, that's probably the most amazing and immediate result coming from this conference. I saw it mentioned on enturb that both the Berlin and Hamburg councils are pushing for warning signs to be placed outside the city's orgs and that other European countries could possibly be following suit.

That would be brilliant! Government health warnings at the Orgs. :happydance:

"Warning: Scientology is harmful to your mental and financial well-being."

But, not sure anyone could make it stick. The CoS just pull out the 'religious suppression' card. But, if it could be proven in a court that Scientology wasn't a religion ....

Axiom142

outtech

Patron with Honors
That would be brilliant! Government health warnings at the Orgs. :happydance:

"Warning: Scientology is harmful to your mental and financial well-being."

But, not sure anyone could make it stick. The CoS just pull out the 'religious suppression' card. But, if it could be proven in a court that Scientology wasn't a religion ....

Axiom142

Although, the CoS isn't classified as a religion in Germany and faces tighter government restricions due to this.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Although, the CoS isn't classified as a religion in Germany and faces tighter government restricions due to this.

No, and quite right too. They have been trying to get religious recognition in the UK for years, but it looks very unlikely.

But, the problem is, they are considered a religion in the US. So, whenever they get any hassle in Germany, they start drawing comparison between them now and what happened to the Jews and other minorities in the 1930s. And then the German government is made to look bad. But, with the truth coming out of how the CoS treats its own members, they won't be able to do that for much longer.

Axiom142

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Free to shine -

Thank you for the news. I've been watching posts about that conference in Germany with enthusiasm, and appreciate all your efforts to keep us informed on ESMB. I'm sorry if I seemed to fault you.

Best,
Art

No worries Art, I realised that. I just wasn't sure it was clear that the original poster wasn't going to be replying here! :D

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Marc Headley, conference: "An iceberg melting from the top" (domradio.de)
http://www.domradio.de/aktuell/artikel_44563.html

An iceberg melting from the top
former cult member: Scientology is losing leading members

Former Scientology staff member Marc Headly [thinks there is] a significant downturn in the number of Scientology top members. When he left the organization in 2005 there had been around 500 top staff compared to 2000 in former years, said the US-American on thursday in Hamburg as he spoke to journalists.

Still the "Church" was very dangerous and acted [in a way despising humans]. A lot of members that intended to leave didn't do it, because they were afraid of being isolated from their loved ones by Scientology, explained Headley, who worked closely with the head of Scientology David Miscavige, during his 15 years of membership.

Together with three other former members he spoke about current developments at the organization in the USA. The talk took place under massive security precautions. In front of the building Scientology activists distributed leaflets in which they accused the scientology-critical organization "Anonymous" of lying, as well as the participants of the talk.

"The last ten years were the unhappiest in my life" explained Hollywood actor Jason Beghe, who left Scientology a few months ago. After he haid paid 800.000 dollar to the "Church" in order "to fix that, which wasn't right with me", he had recognized it would never happen [according to him]. After he left he had at first been completely without orientation like all former Scientologists. Personally he thought Scientology was less powerful than it pretended to be.

Ursula Caberta, since 1992 head of the working group Scientology at the Hamburg department of the interior alleged, that Scientology intends to spread "an anti-constitutional ideology" around the world. According to founder L. Ron Hubbard (1911-1986) [,she stated,] only three to five percent of humanity were unreachable for the organization, as they were mentally ill. These should be brought to camps. "We in germany know what to think of such an ideology", said Caberta. She considered it a success that Scientology today was recognized "as a new form of political extremism" and that it may continue to be observed by Verfassungsschutz according to a judgement by the upper administration court in Münster.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Here is a translation for this video:
http://forums.enturbulation.org/7-g...d-anti-co-event-scientology-hamburg-23736/23/

VO:
He's a Hollywood movie star and has worked with such famous people as Demi Moore and Brad Pitt. But his appearance today at the Chamber of Commerce in Hamburg was more important to Jason Beghe than any movie premiere. Because today, the actor will get even with Scientology. He was a member of the organisation for thirteen years. Back then, he wanted to fight his personal weaknesses.

JB:
I thought about the people that I love and care about. I realized that I didn't even trust my parents past a certain point. That really frightened me. I hadn't thought about that before.
And so the most important question was: can I even trust myself? And I couldn't do that at all. So that was my ruin.

VO:
Beghe was the poster boy for Scientology for a long time. Very quickly he rose up to the top of the organisation., that was started 54 years ago by science fiction author L.Ron Hubbard.
Similar to Tom Cruise and John Travolta, Beghe was also exploited by Scientology for propaganda purposes.

JB:
Hubbard found that celebrities would be an asset, so he courted them. He went to great lengths to recruit famous faces, so that he would have more and more people who would say, "Hello, I'm Tom Cruise and I'm an actor." People then say, "Hey, I know Tom Cruise! He likes Scientology. Let me find out what Scientology is, too."

VO:
And this strategy seems to have worked. In Hamburg alone there are about 700 people trapped (caught up) within Scientology. Gaby and Werner Hubeny were two of them. Werner Hubeny wanted to be a better tennis player and reach a different frame of mind. To achieve this, he paid for course after course. Slowly, Scientology crept into his life.

WH:
You give up all your money. Basically, you give up your life. You become a Scientologist.
I always said: "I'm not a Scientologist, I just use Scientology." But that's a futile attempt to explain away that you are trapped. Because their system is well thought out.

VO:
He and his wife paid more than half a million Marks for courses.
When other members of Scientology were turning into mental wrecks around them, the Hubenys quit. Scientology has internationally declared the couple an enemy since they left.
Every time a former member decides to tell all, the political organsiation which disguises itself as a church gets nervous. The Scientologists tried to stop Jason Beghe from speaking at the event in Hamburg at the last minute.

UC:
Yesterday, they filed a last-minute injunction with the court in Hamburg. They wanted to be allowed on the podium. Yeah. The courts denied their motion this morning. Noone is entitled by law to get a spot on a podium if not invited. There's no such thing.

VO:
He's starting from square one, says Jason Beghe. Due to being afraid of the Scientology organisation he keeps his whereabouts a secret at all times and is protected by bodyguards. But still, after leaving the cult he now feels a freedom he hasn't felt in a long time.

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wrong date

The date at the beginning of the video is "August 3" - s/b September 3.

Sure hope there's a video somewhere of Beghe's interchange with Moxon - I'd love to see that!